NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Overheated PCM351 1991-196

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overheated PCM351 1991-196
    Posted: August-26-2013 at 9:40am
Also check your oil for signs of water. Sounds like a blown head gasket to me.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2013 at 1:16am
You can do some real damage by running too hot.   It might be time to break out yout compression tester.   I am not familiar with the 91 engine, do you have protec ign? Carbureted?   You might have to give some more details on how long it ran hot etc to get some good direction. An exhaust restriction could hinder your performance a good deal, and that could be a result of poor water flow.    Good luck finding some leads!

skibum302 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2013 at 11:33pm
Went sking on Thursday and ran one set of slalom and a boom barfoot run. On the third pass of the barefoot run noticed the temp was pegged at 220.

After some in water looking figured the only issue could be the impeller went bad. Normally I have an extra in the boat, but it seemed to be missing that night. I had the boat towed in and ran it up on the trailer at the ramp under its own power.

Replaced the impeller the next day and made sure the system would suck water out of a bucket on the trailer. Saturday I put the boat back in the water and it felt sluggish when I cleared the no wake zone. Everything stayed cool and all seemed fine with the raw water.

I tried to run a few barefoot run but the boat would not break 35 mph. It is normally a 43-45 mph boat with 2 people in it and one on the boom.

Tried to run the boat with no drag and it still would not break the 35 mph mark. The boat did seem to be misfiring or not running smoothly when i was trying to push the top speed.

all the fluids seem fine, i don't think the trans is slipping because the rmp are not fluctuating when it is shuddering.

any ideas, comments, other thoughts?

Thanks everyone.

dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic