Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NOT my boat....MC x15

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NOT my boat....MC x15
    Posted: September-09-2013 at 1:46am
Turns out we think there is a recall. His engine serial # is about 3 before the recall's 1st number. But this heat and burning thru the hose is the exact problem. Indmar has a large stainless elbow just after the manifold. That elbow has a sleeve in it. There is specific clearance that was improper on the recalled boats. We shall see what the dealer does.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2013 at 10:39pm
How did the bucket test go on the cooling? Enough GPM?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2013 at 5:41pm
My question too. Not sure what temp is normal, but it I was driving last week when we found the 1st hole, and it was not as hot as my SN. IIRC it was under 180 and we were wake boarding with the ballasts full.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2013 at 5:28pm
Cooling alright?
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2013 at 5:05pm
Guys can you help a friend out? My buddy has a Fuel Injected Master Craft X15. Last week we were out and one of his exhaust hose popped a hole... Easy enough to replace the hose, but yesterday another hole in his brand new hose, same exact place. This is the 6" hose coming off of the exhaust manifold and running to the hull. The hose is melting about 3" down from the manifold connection.

Why would it get so hot in that location? I opened up all the water ports on the manifold and all water coming out was clear and clean. Ran a coat hanger in and felt no rust flakes or chunks. Just water.

We are both afraid it is engine related. Timing, lean/rich fuel, etc...

what do you think? Anything else we can do?

Clark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic