Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PCM Apex 350, Oil level

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mtec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCM Apex 350, Oil level
    Posted: October-09-2013 at 6:39am
This model engine dosn't have a remote filter, and I had the floor level. I did have this trouble last oil change, but assumed I had added to much. This time took care in measuring and had the same result.
I appreciate the duscussion.
98AN
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Florida Inboards Florida Inboards wrote:

........... With boat level ....

Jody, do you mean in the water? Floor level? Or gunnel level?

I assume in the water level......We top off our 6L as you describe in the water.
Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 8:59pm
Try this! after draining oil fill new oil filter and install. Then Add 4Qt's oil and run engine 2 min. With boat level Static check oil and add if necessary 6oz at a time. that is the current prescribed method on EX 343 engines. Your engine is still a vortec like the EX and your remote oil set up the same also.
Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
mtec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 6:55pm
well I ran it and let it drain for about 12hrs, adjusting the height of the trailer more than a few times (only retrived about 4.2 quarts, though). So i'm pretty certain that it all drained. So if the dipstick is out of calibration, I probarly should fill with correct amount and file a new upper line on there.
has anybody have the same engine that couls confirm a dipstick length?
Thanks for the replies guys.   
98AN
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 12:10pm
Or..did you get all the oil out before adding new??
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 9:43am
It is common for the dipstick to be out of calibration. This has been discussed before on the site. You are OK!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
mtec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2013 at 11:57pm
Hi,
I’m just completing an oil change on my 98’ AN, and added 5 U.S quarts and pre filled filter.
I was hoping to see it at the LOW on the dipstick or there abouts, as I still need to add about ½ a quart. But the dipstick is showing way above full. It’s actually just past the last L of the word FULL on the dipstick.
I have the deck level, and thought that would be correct. Or am I mistaken?
Also is there any way to know if I have the correct dipstick?
Any comments would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
98AN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic