NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

harmonic balancer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: harmonic balancer
    Posted: February-18-2014 at 4:30am
If you have time Damper Dudes in Redding California does a great rebuild on dampers. Send them yours and you will get it back just like new. They have been around for 30 years or so and have a good reputation. It only takes a couple days to get it rebuilt, plust shipping time.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2014 at 4:40pm
Mine collapsed while running last year, it made hell of a noise! though I threw a rod...Lifted the dog house and found the outer ring spinning loose and banging against the pulleys.
The rubber cracked and fell in pieces.
Had to replace balancer and pulley as the new oem are 4 bolts pattern.
Got mine from skidim.

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2014 at 4:38pm
Just bought good aftermarket balancer punched 1/8 hole in timing tape to make sure to get lined up right and put tape on backwards.
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2014 at 4:35pm
This is the one I bought
ebay
'82 Ski Tique
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2014 at 4:28pm
Yep, based on the advice from Tim I bought a new balancer from an auto supplier and just copied the timing marks from my old one. Works a treat so far
'82 Ski Tique
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2014 at 10:19pm
Some have 3 some have 4 bolt holes to mount the pulley. (351w)                                                      
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2014 at 8:29pm
There's nothing special about a balancer- RH and LH are the same (other than the timing marks). Just don't mix and match the weight.
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2014 at 5:28pm
I think they send the damper with a return box for the core.
They have a the original part number but I am not near mine now to cross reference. Looked through the manuals did not find number.
Lakedog55
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2014 at 4:08pm
If you go this route make sure you have the dampener in hand before you send the old one back. Set them side by side to compair,same imbalance,same pully mount,same timing marks etc. If it was me I'd rather that they rebuild mine-----
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2014 at 3:33pm
Found this company Damper doctor. 135 plus shipping and the 35 back when you mail Iin core.
it is listed as a 302 351 reverse rotation
Mike
Lakedog55
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2014 at 3:15pm
Might be difficult to find a right handed one. There are places to have them redone,google harmonic balancer repair,you'll know it's the right one and the correct balance. Post some pics lets see how bad it is
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2014 at 2:48pm
it just keeps getting better.
removed harmonic balancer, lots of cracking on outside seal. anyone know which part or where to get a new one? or if i should worry about it?
Mike
Lakedog55
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic