Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Commander 351

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
captbob626 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captbob626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commander 351
    Posted: April-18-2014 at 10:46pm
Thanks guys, I picked up a new piece of hose. Looks like the spring is tighter wound and makes the bend without kinking.
Bob Meimbresse
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 2:02pm
I guess I need to be more specific for some users here. I was referring to ONLY the engine in question...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Tim, that sure is a nice engine but not the one in question.

Duh. It's a correct craft with a molded hose in that location.

Lower picture is a commander, showing how they routed the hose.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 3:24am
Tim, that sure is a nice engine but not the one in question.
rapok4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapok4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 3:18am
OK don't laugh at the condition!! The motor is out and in process of rebuild. I snapped these to remind me how to route the hoses.

Good luck, Rex

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captbob626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 9:17pm
Hey, thanks Tim. That looks like the hose that was on the engine. I bought a hose (shields ) frome a marina round here. But doesn't make that clean bend. I'm afraid it may kink. Maybe I can find another mfgthank you
Bob Meimbresse
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

No molded hose there on any Correct Craft I've seen.

It would be awfully stupid to design the outlet going one way and for the hose to go another. Hope you didn't pay much for that advise.

Now you can say youve seen one.

Not sure if its original, of course... but Conquerer-Crusader routed that house around the alt like Commander did anyways.

A good strong wire reinforced hose should make that bend.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captbob626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 9:04pm
Thanks guys,what hose did you use to make that bend? It rides 2" shields and looks like it may kink. It has wire inside.
Bob Meimbresse
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 8:13pm
No molded hose there on any Correct Craft I've seen.

It would be awfully stupid to design the outlet going one way and for the hose to go another. Hope you didn't pay much for that advise.
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 8:11pm
Out around the alternator was correct on my 78, not sure if it was ever different
Brian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captbob626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 7:50pm
Does anyone have a front end picture of a commander motor? I am tiring to figure how the hose is routed from the thermostat housing to the circulating pump. On a commander the alternator is on the starboard side and Po had a hose going around the alternator. I was told a molded hose goes between the alternator and the motor and not around the alternator.
Thank you
Bob Meimbresse
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic