NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jetting changes for warm 351w

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jetting changes for warm 351w
    Posted: June-11-2014 at 11:06am
You could maybe do a plug chop but that would just be to fine tune it based on a factory "fat" setting, otherwise you shouldn't have to touch it.
The mods you've made are pretty common upgrades.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
fumanchu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fumanchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2014 at 8:16pm
Braintrust-

The '89 has just been through the usual top end engine upgrades.

Ported Gt40p's and ex.manifolds, custom cam, roller rockers, weiand intake, etc..

question is, any changes to the jetting on this motor? I've run it once since the upgrade and picked up 10 mph(53 mph), but with this much increase in hp, I cant imagine that it could run a little smoother at idle(15.5 inches manifold vacuum) and concerned about leaning out on the top end. Carb is still the factory 4160. Is there any definate change to be made or do I need to experiment here on out. Would be nice to run a wideband for tuning but that seems to be a little over the top.

thanks-

'89 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic