NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

circulation water pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: circulation water pump
    Posted: July-14-2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Eddie mentions in this thread:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34126&title=circulating-pump

That the fastening bolts go through the waterjacket on a small block Chevy.

Waiting for someone to confirm if that's the case on a Ford Windsor as well. If so, maybe sealing the bolts would help?

I haven’t worked on every iteration of small block casting to know for sure but I don’t think the ford bolts go through all the way. I know some of them absolutely don’t, which is why the putting the right bolts back in the right location is key, otherwise you can bottom out and not seal. The only thing that should be causing you to see water coming out of that hole is a leak at the gasketed surface around the two water passages that go through the timing cover, or from the back cover of the pump.   What I use for a gasket sealer is usually determined by how clean I can get those surfaces, but rarely would I use any RTV.    If you are going to use RTV to mount the pump to the cover just use it around the water passages, having to compress it where it isn’t needed will not help you get a good seal around the passages. There is a bolt or a stud on either side of each of those water passages, pay attention to them make sure they are the right length and they get torqued evenly and in stages to the prescribed limit.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2014 at 12:10pm
Eddie mentions in this thread:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34126&title=circulating-pump

That the fastening bolts go through the waterjacket on a small block Chevy.

Waiting for someone to confirm if that's the case on a Ford Windsor as well. If so, maybe sealing the bolts would help?
newguy1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newguy1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2014 at 10:19pm
Just got the new short block and GT 40 heads all in the boat and started it for the first time. I think i am good other than I have a water leak between the timing cover and the circulation pump! its annoying me.

I have disassembled and re assembled twice now with ATV the first time and gaskets the second time. still leaking.

Can you guys please help me? any others have this problem? the pump is not leaking at the weep hole indicating that it has failed. it is leaking at the weep hole at the bottom of the housing where it meets the timing cover.

351w
1986sn 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic