NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

351 windsor right hand rotation rear main seal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 351 windsor right hand rotation rear main seal
    Posted: July-19-2014 at 9:44am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

The 2-piece seal is not directional. A decent auto parts store should be able to get you one.

+1 - skidim would be correct if it was a one piece seal - but the two piece seals were just the same seals in different packages
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 12:55am
I had the same problem with the front seal, they only make left hand or non directional seals. The non directional will work because the wick lines pull the oil back to the motor. As long as you don't one for the opposite direction your good.
jpw9684 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpw9684 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2014 at 9:54pm
Skidim had the left hand rotation 2 piece and they told me that it wouldn't work I either needed a lh or to find a non directional one
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2014 at 9:52pm
The 2-piece seal is not directional. A decent auto parts store should be able to get you one.
jpw9684 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpw9684 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2014 at 9:35pm
yes I tried skidim they don't sell it they gave me a felpro number that has been discontinued. I'm not fully sure of the year of the block I just know it's early 80s with a 2 piece seal
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2014 at 9:16pm
What year is the block? One piece seal or 2?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2014 at 9:11pm
Have you tried Ski Dim?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
jpw9684 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpw9684 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2014 at 6:38pm
I have a 77 ski nautique with the 351 Windsor the motor was replaced and we pulled it to change the oil pan and discovered the rear main twisted. I am trying to replace it but it seams that it's been discontinued everywhere I looked does anyone know where I can find one?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic