Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Power valve on new carb...need your input

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Cheaterpete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power valve on new carb...need your input
    Posted: April-21-2015 at 4:45am
OK, thanks for your reply
On the new carb, the numbers on the PW is 3 and 6, weird, I decided to install a 5.5 and the boat is now working properly, not as good as before, but ok.
with the new carb installed, the boat was very slow, no punch when WOT....
Now it s a completely different animal, and this is just with the 5.5 PW installed. I will try with a 6.5 asap
Actual boat SANTE 210 from 2014
mamigacz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamigacz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 3:23pm

You find the power valve number like the view below:

The 6.5 power valve appears to be the most popular for stock and slightly modified 351W ski boat engines.

The difference between a 5.5 and 6.5 is very small. I would leave the 5.5 in.

How are determining that your secondaries are not opening? You will never be able to witness them opening in neutral. The engine has to be under load, with the throttle blades wide open (or close to wide open).

Your post is a little confusing, If I didn't answer your question, please clarify with more specific questions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 7:48am
Thanks for helping me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 9:32am
Dear CC fan

I have been working on this boat for quite a while now, a 2001 fron 1985, commander engine. carb was out of order and decided to order one from national carburetor.

looking very good but not working good...

it seems that the secondaries never open, you can t feel any power when you hit the gas...

After reading lot of posts on CCfan, I find out that the correct PW is 6.5, I decided to open the carb but the numbers are weird... i have a 3 and a 6... in an other carb from a friend it says 85. and it s not working either

Yesterday I put a 5.5 PW that I had, and the boat is working way better!

What s your feedback for those rebuild carbs?

thanks for sharing

Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic