NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

QUICK BATTERY QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QUICK BATTERY QUESTION
    Posted: May-05-2015 at 8:52pm
David that is the power for the EEC circuit (ECM or Computer)

Check out this EEC Retrofit Thread
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
davidcmeyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidcmeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2015 at 12:28pm
Cool, very helpful should i run into a fuel pump issue. Thanks for the reference link. My boat cranked right up as soon as I placed the smaller red wire on the positive battery terminal. Needs a new connector, should be good to go after that.
Madtown Skier
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2015 at 6:05pm
i think this is the thread Gary is referring to. or maybe this one
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2015 at 5:39pm
There is a thread somewhere about that fuse. I think it was a recall? From PCM about removing it,I'll try to find it. If not it might be under the GT 40 repair thread. Mark (lewey2001) was the one who found out about it,if he sees this before I find it I'm sure he comment.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidcmeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2015 at 4:41pm
Cool, thanks guys, That certainly explains it and yes, mine has a fuse inline as well.
Madtown Skier
rrichr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrichr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2015 at 4:01pm
That wire comes with a fuse as well... at least on my boat and it is for the fuel pumps via a relay.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2015 at 11:57am
Possibly the fuel pump. When I first got mine I redid all the battery connections,that wire fell down along side the battery box. Got to the ramp and had the same problem as you. Could not hear pumps run when I turned the key on.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidcmeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2015 at 11:27am
1996 SPORT NAUTIQUE. What does the additional smaller red wire from the battery attach to? Curious, as connection broke and apparently boat won't start (it will turn over) without that wire attached.
Madtown Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic