NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1975 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jbradford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1975 Ski Nautique
    Posted: June-21-2015 at 5:46pm
When I bought the boat the starter had been under water, I bought it with the thought that boat had been sunk. Water came to deck level while in a lift with plug in and bilge pump. I just told them to rebuild or replace but it was right hand rotation.   I rewired boat with tinned wire and replaced fuel lines etc.    

I think I will suck oil out dipstick and measure drain plug

Thanks
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2015 at 5:23pm
Jon,
Sorry to hear the auto electric shop you went to didn't know the rotation difference. They must have had the new guy in the back just put parts in it. What did they do to it and what was wrong with it?

You'll probably need to measure the pan drain size. I don't know if anyone would know. You did make a big mistake going to Overtons. They only specialize in tubes!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Jbradford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2015 at 2:25pm
Ok I am finally about ready to roll with my new to me 1975 nautique with 350 Chevrolet(OMC) engine. Had to have starter rebuilt and though I am told them they rebuilt it as a left hand so took me a few minutes to figure why it was shooting fuel out the top of my brand new carburetor, engine rotation was backwards.     Question is what should the timing be set at, I have an electronic distributor and does anybody know the oil plug size on OMC 350, I bought a kit from overtons and it is a 1/2 by 20 and is way to small.
Thanks in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic