Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adjusting rear trunnion assembly.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adjusting rear trunnion assembly.
    Posted: December-14-2015 at 3:10pm
Thank Pete, I'll remove and go from there.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2015 at 3:06pm
Brian.
I commented on replacing the bushing after seeing the picture of the worn upper. I don't know if it was caused by a worn lower so you'll need to check. It's probably best to pull the mounts and put all new bushings in.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2015 at 1:11pm
Pete, sorry my pictures aren't posted in order….I replaced the top bushing last night. are you saying the bottom one is bad causing the stud bolt to sink like that? or should I leave it alone now that its in? I have the tranny disconnected from the shaft so I could block and remote bracket and replace all bushings. Thanks for your response, there isn't too much info out there on this.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2015 at 11:31am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2015 at 11:14am
here is the before picture. The above pic is what it looks like not. shaft is disconnected from transmission.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2015 at 11:10am
Brian,
Your idea of removing the mount is good. Many have had to do the same. It will give you more room for wrenching and a better position to apply penetrating oil. A mix of 50% Acetone and 50% ATF is the best. What boat is that in? Are you doing an alignment? Keep in mind alignment starts aft at the strut.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2015 at 10:31am
Can anyone give me some guidance on rear trunnion adjustments. The isolator bushing on the starboard side is totally off the bracket. The stud trunnion is on a slight angle pushing forward. I loosened up the wedge bolt and was able to muscle the new bushing on but I'm not sure if it should have been as disfigure as it was and there is pressure on the front side of the bushing just as the old one. Should the whole assembly be removed? Should the stud trunnion be this tight?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic