Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Carter Fuel Pump Mystery For 1963 American Skier
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carter Fuel Pump Mystery For 1963 American Skier

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Chirp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chirp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carter Fuel Pump Mystery For 1963 American Skier
    Posted: April-16-2016 at 11:54pm
Thank you all so much!!! They have a kit listed for my pump. So happy!!!!
Thanks again!!!

PS Pictures coming soon.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

That's the place! The reason no one at Carter knows anything is because anyone working there when that pump was made has long since retired

The pump was made before so called "techs" were even born!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 1:09pm
That's the place! The reason no one at Carter knows anything is because anyone working there when that pump was made has long since retired
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Eether View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 12:56pm
Give Then and now auto a call. They helped me out with my old Carter pump.

Ph: 781.335.8860
Chirp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chirp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 12:48pm
Thank you so much for your reply!! THERE'S HOPE!!!! I'm glad to hear the fuel would go into the crankcase vs the bilge. I see a vent hole in the casting that made me think fuel would exit there. Thanks again!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 12:39pm
Gary,
Welcome to CCfan. The standard first request is for pictures!!

On the Carter rebuild kit, I know Gary S will be on site shortly and he knows where to currently get them. The last one I used I got from a friend who deals with Chris Craft Hercules parts.

On the old pumps when a diaphragm goes, they typical fuel exit is into the oil. When the oil gets real thin, you know somethings going on!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Chirp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chirp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 12:24pm
I am trying to find a replacement fuel pump for my 1963 American Skier with the 100hp 170ci Interceptor engine. The original (and working) pump is a Carter. It has MO-1463 casted in the side just below the Carter name and emblem. On the edge of the mounting flange 3469S is stamped. I have called Carter twice on this pump. THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE on anything about this pump. I've searched online, emailed, and called several possible leads as to finding a replacement, or even a rebuild kit. No luck. It works great now, but I know it wasn't designed for today's fuels. I'm VERY concerned the diaphragm may start to rupture and pump fuel into the bilge. NOT GOOD! Ideally, I would like to find today's marine version of this pump. But beggars can't be choosers.
Please! Anybody with any information at all, that might help me find a replacement or rebuild kit, please let me know!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic