NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1973 intake issues

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kelpfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelpfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1973 intake issues
    Posted: June-11-2016 at 10:51pm
Got it thanks everyone had a friend machine me one was all I could do cost me 60 bucks and dinner but is beautiful. Got her back running today sounds great. taking her on madian voyage next weekend.
Live Your Dreams
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2016 at 9:59pm
Do you mean Thermo-Electron ?

If you get the aluminum wedge from summit, you'll need to plumb the PCV into the intake.

kelpfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelpfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2016 at 8:26pm
it is black plastic of some sort goes from 3/8in to about 1in is longer in the back where the valve cover vent tube goes in so standard gaskets will not fit will send photo tonight when off work.

Live Your Dreams
Mountain Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2016 at 5:51pm
If you don't find an original intake, you can get a carburetor "wedge plate". Choose a replacement intake for your engine and you can add the "wedge plate" to the top of the new intake. Standard gaskets fit. Both Summit and/or Jegs will have what you are looking for. What color was the Electrodyne Engine and how much angle is on the carb base? Any pictures?

Good Luck;

Steve
kelpfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelpfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2016 at 2:06am
Good evening, trying to finish the restore on my 73 nantique. is the 351 w electrodyne motor has a angle intake manifold riser is in pretty ruff shape ear broke off one corner. wondering if anyone knows where to get replacement and the special gaskets that go to it have carb rebuilt sitting waiting to find the other parts. Has anyone changed out theres to another set up? want to get boat in water but trying to be patient and do it right. Any help on this id be greatful
Live Your Dreams
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic