NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CEL light on

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CEL light on
    Posted: July-09-2016 at 1:01am
According to the manual the ECA wont store codes for those sensors.
I believe their pretty cheap I would replace them. One at a time that way you know which one was bad.
I think the is an ohm # in the manual for those you could try that.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2016 at 11:54pm
Shawn,

There is a great GT40 trouble shooting thread on here. I believe there is a sticky at the top of the page. However, it sounds like you may of found it with the two things you are looking at with the light coming on. There are a couple of GT40 manuals in the reference area also. One is very new for the older GT40's.

I hope this helps,

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
harriss28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harriss28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2016 at 9:34pm
no codes in the EEC,   used the test light method
harriss28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harriss28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2016 at 7:59pm
1997 GT40

The last 2 times out, the CEL has been on at idle, infrequent and random.   Temp gauge was reading 160 and the oil pressure at idle is a bit under 40 psi but occasionally dip to 20 psi.   

The engine went into limp mode once but cleared up, and we skied for another hour.

My first though was it was because of the multi viscosity Shell Rotella T;    this was the first time I had used it.

Ive read its either the oil switch or the temp switch.

Im gonna try to pull some codes of the engine computer.

Any ideas,
Thanks
   Shawn   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic