Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Throttle cable doesn't engage - how to adjust?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throttle cable doesn't engage - how to adjust?
    Posted: July-06-2017 at 8:09pm
The servo is the electro-mechanical device that controls the throttle movements when the PP is engaged. It is in line between the throttle cable and the engine throttle body (or carb). If the cable gets pulled out of it and isn't fully retracted, it will limit your useful throttle range just as you describe. Pop the engine compartment open and look for a knob (usually mounted towards the front) and wind it back up by hand to reset it. Clockwise IIRC.
Cherrier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2017 at 7:50pm
Thank you. I've looked in my owners' manual, but am thinking I need a manual on the PCM engine instead. What is the servo cable and what does it connect with?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2017 at 6:57pm
Servo cable probably needs to be re-wound. An over-zealous throttle arm can yank it loose, and it doesn't automatically rewind.
Cherrier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2017 at 5:42pm
Hi, Yes, I have a Perfect Pass. However, it was not engaged (on) during the malfunction I have been having. What are you thinking? Ann
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2017 at 4:13pm
Do you have perfect pass?
Cherrier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2017 at 4:04pm
Hi, I have a 97 that developed a soft throttle. Only engages in the final few inches of lever movement. getting a max speed of only 21 mph at full throttle. Tried tightening the screw on the cable but it seems to have some tension because it's bins back. Could throttle cable be having a problem at the control? Engine starts and runs great. Anyone with prior experience with some ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ann
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic