NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carburetor help!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carburetor help!
    Posted: June-21-2018 at 12:14pm
It's not a bad job to pull the bowl off and check the float level or remove the needle and seat to check for debris.

It's easier with the carburetor on the workbench especially putting things back together.

If you had it done locally, bring it back and they should be able to straighten things out.
Dawills55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawills55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2018 at 10:47am
The issue I had before the rebuild was; when accelerating the engine seemed to bog down and then pick up speed a moment later. It wasn't very serious but I figured I should take care of it now I wish I hadn't.

Yes there is a fuel filter between the fuel line and carb.
This issue just started after the rebuild.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2018 at 9:09am
You had some reason to get the carburetor rebuilt originally, was it because of the same issue with the "drips"?

If it was, it could be because of a dirty fuel system.allowing junk from the system to keep your needle and seat from seating properly.

Do you have a filter of any kind anywhere in the system?

If this just started with the rebuild and you have a clean, filtered fuel system, then maybe the new needle and seat assembly is bad. It happens, some rebuild kits are better quality than others. especially the needle and seat assemblies

It could be float adjustment needing to be lowered a little too, but you're taking the float bowl off to check either issue so check both. ,

It sounds like you had somebody else do the rebuild, bring it back and have them check it out if you're not comfortable doing it yourself

Dawills55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawills55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2018 at 8:19am
I just had the 4 barrel Holley rebuilt this year that is on my 86' correct craft Martinique.

Now when I attempt to drive, fuel is just dripping out of my jets. It will drip fuel for a couple minutes after engine stops running until the fuel bowl empties.

Would this be a float adjustment problem or and issue with the needle and seat? There is no external float adjustments either.

Whats your best advice on this problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic