Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Distirbutor install fuel filter install EFI f/sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Distirbutor install fuel filter install EFI f/sale

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Distirbutor install fuel filter install EFI f/sale
    Posted: August-11-2018 at 2:56pm
+1 on what Pete said.

You can remove the distributor and re-position it so that the rotor is in any position really. When the engine is at TDC on the compression stroke, the rotor would be pointing to the #1 spark plug wire in the rotor cap.

For ease of spark plug wire routing, I re-set my distributor so that the rotor was pointing to the driver's seat.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by BaccoBouncer BaccoBouncer wrote:

I got the motor to TDC on the compression stroke. Does the rotor go to 6:30 on install (like I have it) or 5:30?

It doesn't matter where the rotor is positioned as long as it's pointing roughly to the #1 plug wire position on the cap when the #1 cylinder is TDC compression.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BaccoBouncer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaccoBouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2018 at 12:26pm
I got the motor to TDC on the compression stroke. Does the rotor go to 6:30 on install (like I have it) or 5:30? I have seen both depending on different Small block Chevy's. This is in a '97 5.7 L GM. See pic for what I mean by 6:30. This is standing facing from the captains chair.
Any ideas on mounting this fuel filter and the correct hard fuel line from the carb to the pump? The one I got doesn't seem to fit.

If anyone wants the EFI system from the boat I plan to sell it. The computer was checked out and is totally fine. All the electrical connectors are in great shape The throttle body and injectors work fine and the full wiring harness and electronic distributor are included. After pulling it all apart I found the issue. It was corrosion on the main power feed which has a connector that can be below the water line if their is enough water in the bilge. I have no idea why that plug was left so low. But I had everything out before I figured it out and all the carb parts were there ready to slap on. I converted anyway.just out of spite.
Thanks,
Adam
'97 21' Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic