NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drain plugs?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drain plugs?
    Posted: April-09-2019 at 2:18pm
Thanks for the heads up. I'll do them one at a time.
T
Thomasn
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2019 at 2:14pm
It's about the simplest engine there is to winterize. Pay attention to water pump hoses as they're easy to reverse.
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2019 at 1:40pm
OK, I found it in the manual, sec. 111, no. 3. I guess someone pulled the drain valve off but now I know where to go look. I printed it off for future use.
I would normally pull all hoses to drain for winter layup and they will all be replaced before getting the boat to water.
Thanks to all for the response.
Also from me brousing thru the manual I see how to replace the water pump impeller, now I just need to match it up.
Again, thanks to all,
T
Thomasn
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2019 at 9:46am
Tom

Don't know if you have a manual for that engine, it sounds like maybe you don't, based on this thread and your oil change thread.

If you click on the link below, you'll have an Interceptor manual that has some info on your engine. It has a transmission section too if your transmission is the same version.

It agrees with Riley's info

link

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2019 at 9:08am
There should be a drain valve on the port side of the block towards the front of the engine. There should be a drain valve on the bottom of the exhaust manifold at the rear of the engine. It's possible that you have drain plugs instead of valves, but that is the location of the drains on our 100 hp six.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2019 at 7:22am
Tom,
You need to think hoses at the tail end rather than drain plugs.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2019 at 1:16am
I can not find any drain valves, or plugs on my 100 hp 1961 intercepter engine. The only suspected places I see are 3 threaded holes on the bottom port side of the engine block. None in the exhaust manafold. Not sure why there are not any bolts, or something threaded into them and was hoping they may be the drains for the block, but as always I appreciate any advice.
I get the carb and fuel pump back Tuesday and would sure like to see if We can get it up and running.
Thanks in advance,
T
Thomasn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic