NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carb dripping from primary’s

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carb dripping from primary’s
    Posted: April-09-2020 at 5:33am
We can go with that, but it is sure nice when you really need help to get good help fast and have a good result.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2020 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

Nice work Ken, another happy Correct Craft owner.

I think it should really say "nice work Adam"   
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2020 at 3:58pm
Nice work Ken, another happy Correct Craft owner.
adamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2020 at 2:33pm
Thank you guys, I lower the float and she’s running Awsome now, no more dripping or flooding.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2020 at 8:18am
Originally posted by adamo adamo wrote:

What are you referring to as 1 to 1? The trans?

Yep

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 11:19pm
As viewed, that is lowered... the bowl is upside down. so if you lower the float when viewed like that, it raises the fuel level.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
adamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 10:02pm
What are you referring to as 1 to 1? The trans?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 9:49pm
On the 1 to 1 stuff with about a 15 degree angle, I'd say it helps on the front bowl

Leave the rear adjusted level though

If it's really pouring out you might have other issues but try this for now.
adamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 9:45pm
That makes a lot of sense, right now it’s level, would you say all of these carbs should have the setup you showed?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by adamo adamo wrote:

Awsome thank you, I will try that. Does it need to be lowered because it sits on an angle? I changed the fuel filter when I did the carb as well.

Yes.............because of the angle, lowering helps    
adamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 9:34pm
Awsome thank you, I will try that. Does it need to be lowered because it sits on an angle? I changed the fuel filter when I did the carb as well.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 9:24pm
Do you have a good filter in the system so that you're not pumping junk from the gas tank into the newly cleaned carburetor and getting stuck between the the needle and seat ?

Not knowing how your primary float is set, take a look at the picture that shows a reduced level setting that can help. It's not a lot lower but usually enough to stop the overflow.

The fuel pump would affect both bowls so I wouldn't worry about that yet.

I'd look first at the needle and seat and system cleanliness, then if that's all good try the float adjustment.

adamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 8:32pm
I read the main couple link you sent, thank you. I replaced the power valve, needles and seats as well as the gaskets. My rebuild kit didn’t come with the accelerator pump gaskets just the ones for the carb. I have taken the carb apart again to check the float level as well as clean all the passage ways. I don’t really understand why fuel is dripping out. Could the mechanical pump have too much pressure? And if it did wouldn't the secondary be leaking too?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 6:06pm
That's probably the #1 most popular problem on CCF

If you click on the link below, you'll have plenty of reading, along with solutions   

I'd do some reading, then ask any questions you might have

link

adamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 4:36pm
I have a 84, 351 on a CC Southwind. It’s got the holly 4160 on it and when I go to start it up it starts perfectly, but it is dripping fuel from the primary’s at idle, and my biggest concern is after I shut it off it pours fuel into the intake. When I go to start it again it has a hard start like the motor is flooded. I just did a rebuild kit and it did it before as well as now. Just wondering what could cause the fuel to pour that much out of the primary’s when it’s shut off and any test I could do to help determine the cause?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic