Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inboard/outboard maintenance ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
swilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inboard/outboard maintenance ?
    Posted: April-08-2022 at 10:24pm
Also, drain and refill gearcase.
1976 Martinique,350 Omc. 1975 Glastron/Carlson CV16,115 Merc.
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2022 at 9:41pm
Also keep the drive down water collects in the housing,  freeze and crack can occur.
Part i'm talking about betwen the bearing carrier and it's retaining nut just forward of the prop.

Drive should always be down when not trailering because the u joint, exhaust and shift bellows are stretched and this shortens the lifespan. Fully trimmed up is hard on everything in the transom assembly.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2022 at 7:29pm
Engine and exhaust manifolds............. hold water just like an inboard

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2022 at 6:02pm
Do I/Os drain themselves like outboards do or are they subject to freeze like our inboards.  I dont know why they would be any different then our inboards, but it seems to me I've seen I/Os stay in the water all year round (like the outboards, including my tooner) that are fine despite the possibility of freezing.  Literally, asking for a friend.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic