NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Cam

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Cam
    Posted: July-14-2024 at 10:30pm
I put a cam from Cam Research in my ‘95 Signature Edition it was a little more aggressive than stock and it ran great. 
I believe the grind number was CR 272.
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2024 at 9:30am
Hi, Thanks for the responses and sorry for the delay. I thought I did it already

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2024 at 12:58pm
I believe over the past 10 years several have modified GT40 engines for more power.  Some changed from 351 to a 408.  Some just added a larger cam.   Seems to me they had issues trying to get the correct idle performance.  The Ford system used for fuel injection is not tuner friendly.   I was hoping some of those that tried to modify would jump in.  
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2024 at 11:40am

When I put a mild cam in my 98 Dodge Ram on a rebuild, I had to have the ECU adjusted/reprogram. Even with the manufacture of the cam says I didn’t need to. So, your situation may be different but you won’t know until you start it up as it was in my case.  I’m sure someone else with more experience will have a better answer than mine. But that is what I experience. 

AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2024 at 11:31am
Hi,
I've got a GT40 engine that needs a valve job and I'm considering putting in a mild cam at the same time. Does anyone know if the stock ECU tolerate the change?

Thanks,
Don
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic