Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1985 Ski Nautique windshield replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
2003mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2003mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1985 Ski Nautique windshield replacement
    Posted: July-16-2024 at 11:44am
Thanks to those that have responded... Clearly, my "hope" is that I can find a replacement windshield, however, in the event that one is not available... is there a seasoned repair/restoration veteran in CC land that can think of a viable alternative?  Is there a potential for a plastic replacement?  
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2024 at 11:08am

No, we don’t get old and then retired… We just have a better opportunity to expand on our hobbies!

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2024 at 7:42am
Originally posted by ErnieJ ErnieJ wrote:

Keno, you are The Man when it comes to your Nautique knowledge. Thanks for the windshield input.

Not really, I think The Man has the initials TRB and I just fill in as a backup while he's busy doing things like earning a living and raising a family.

Being old and retired, I'm past that earning a living stage of life and more time for hobby stuff like this  Wink
ErnieJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErnieJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2024 at 5:23pm
Keno, you are The Man when it comes to your Nautique knowledge. Thanks for the windshield input.
ErnieJ
2003mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2003mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2024 at 12:48pm
I thought that CC made some modifications after '86, but was "hopeful" with the '87. Thanks again!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2024 at 11:29am
One other thing that's hard to see in the picture but the 87 has 2 piece front glass and your 85 is one piece.

82 through 86 probably are all the same.Wink
2003mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2003mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2024 at 11:24am
I see, and thanks for the clarification. 
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2024 at 11:20am
87 on top, 85 on the bottom.

Different deck angle  and different windshield

2003mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2003mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2024 at 10:48am
If you have any pictures and dimensions, I can compare. Thanks for the quick response!  I am checking for compatibility.  And look to hear from someone more knowledgeable   
ErnieJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErnieJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2024 at 10:26am
I have a complete windshield from an '87 2001 Nautique that is available. I've not checked the fit for an '85, but I'm sure one of our fellow forum members can help. There's a lot of super knowledgeable folks that contribute here!
ErnieJ
2003mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2003mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2024 at 10:15am
Unfortunate weekend mishap - my son was raising the boat on the lift, and got distracted.  The windshield shattered.  I think that the frame is ok, so replace glass may work, but if someone has the entire windshield, I will take a look at that, as well.  Any help is appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic