Forums
NautiqueParts.com2025 Calendar Photos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Name this classic boat. Maybe win cookie!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
RiMo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiMo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Name this classic boat. Maybe win cookie!
    Posted: July-21-2004 at 2:53pm
actually I hear that earlier correct craft's used Cris-Craft engines.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2004 at 2:19pm
Just a wild guess then but I'd say its a Chris-Craft. Either way if you have kids it would be a great project for the family. I restored a 66 Mustang with my 15 year old son and it brought many many hours of father son time to me. He is now 20 and skis competitively. The 66 has retired to Lake Tahoe and I upgraded to a 2000. We still spend 2-3 hours several days a week at the lake.
RiMo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiMo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2004 at 12:11pm
After further digging, the boat has a 4 cyl Chris-Craft engine.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2004 at 12:36pm
Well, the restoration decision depends on what you want to use the boat for. Also, keep in mind that restorations almost always cost way more than the end product is worth. I doubt it has a 4 cylinder engine, if so, it would NOT make a good ski tow boat...maybe a kids towable (tube, etc) boat.

If you just want to restore the boat for nostalgia, then go for it! It would be great to have older Correct Crafts restored and on the lake.
RiMo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiMo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2004 at 10:49am

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4286222011

As you can see this boat is burried under a bunch of junk. There are no wheels on the trailer or I would pull it out and take some better pictures.

After some more research I believe it is a mid-50's Correct Craft Atom Skier. But I can't find any pictures of a runabout like this one. There is a bench seat in front of and one behind the engine compartment. I can't find a latch or anything to open the engine hatch and was afraid that I would damage it if I tried to pry it open. My dad thinks it has a 4 cylinder engine.

I just want to know if it would be worth pulling the boat out and restoring it. It has not been in the water since 1969!
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2004 at 3:59am
Hard to tell, is there an engine? possible tag on stringer next to engine. how about a shot of the stern and running gear.
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2004 at 1:52am
I had trouble viewing your photos as well!
Would love to see this classic boat and help try to identify.
Please send!
ravinmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravinmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2004 at 11:42pm
I tried to get to the photos, was not able too. Can you e-mail to me and I will try to identify.

Ravinmad
The best boats of the century
RiMo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiMo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2004 at 4:23pm
I need help identifying this boat. Is it a Correct-craft or a Cris-craft? I am leaning towards Correct craft. It was last registered in 1967.

pictures:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4286222011
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic