NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

89 with hole in hull

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 89 with hole in hull
    Posted: November-03-2008 at 4:36pm
I have a friend with the "other kind of boat," which he bought as repaired. Same situation as the one you're looking into. Only draw back is that the bilge seems to run constantly (scares me) and the fiberglass doesn't completely match.

He got the boat for 5k, its a 1990 ps190 with 210 hrs. Not a bad 1st boat.
stimie02 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stimie02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2008 at 11:36pm
Did you ever pick up that boat, 89' 2001? If you did did you locate someone to do the hull repair? I have got a similar situation that I am thinking I don't want to pass up. The boat impacted some rocks and pushed one of the tracking fins up into the boat, breaking the hull. If you could pass on some of the details of what cost you incurred and experienced, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Bro Stimie
berts85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berts85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 12:41am
Thanks for the info. I found out a little more about this boat. The hole is actually in the front and the front fin is knocked off. the shaft is just bent and the rudder has some damage.It only has 600 hours on it and the engine runs fine. the hole is about 2ft.I think I am going to go ahead and get it although i dont need another project boat.(i did my 85 last year).Its so cheep that im afraid to turn it down. this boat has always been garage kept except for the last three months since the damage.
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2007 at 1:44am
Bert, check with Matthew at Robert's Sporting Goods in Downtown Birmingham, Al. They are a CC Dealer and I have seen many boats from Mechanical to cosmetic to structural repairs. he does a good job and cares for the boats like we do..If you don't buy it, let me know..Joe
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2007 at 12:48am
Start by calling the inboard boat dealership in your area. They should be able to refer you to somebody.

Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
berts85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berts85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2007 at 6:20pm
i have the chance to purchase an 89 2001 that has a hole in the bottom due to hitting a stump. i want to know if someone could tell me the name of somebody in the southeast that would do a good job on a major repair like this. I havent seen the boat, but the damage is where the shaft goes through the hull and i want to be sure there are no alignment problems.i can get this boat so cheep that i can pay to have it done right.please help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic