Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1976 Correct Craft Mustang Engine Inquiry

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Drake Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drake Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1976 Correct Craft Mustang Engine Inquiry
    Posted: July-14-2007 at 2:38pm
I guess i found out it is a 1979 Mustang with a Mercruiser 198 which is a Chevy 305, Correct? But I am not sure what years will fit and whether it is reverse rotation. I am totally new to this but am eager to dig in. The last thing I want to do though is waste money on something that won't fit up correctly.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2007 at 3:07am
Check out...www.rapidomarine.com

ou can get a remanufactered 302 . Long or short block with warranty...good price too!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2007 at 2:41am
The most common engine in that boat was a ford 302( a few 351)...Correctcraft did set up some with chevy engines but are much less common!

Best to stay with the 302 and use parts that you already have that are in good shape.

There are a couple shops selling rebuilt engines on ebay...searh "Ford Marine"...and as 79 mentions...reverse rotation.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2007 at 12:20am
you need a reverse rotation ford 302 motor.
Drake Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drake Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2007 at 12:17am
I am purchasing a 76 Mustang 17. I am totally new to restoration on these boats. The Boat is in good shape but the previous owner did not winterize and cracked the block. (Maybe Manifolds) I think he said the motor was a 302. Now the questions: 1)Were all of these boats set up with FORDS? 2)What are my options on replacements? 3) Are their any certain places I should start looking for engines/Parts (Im in PA) 4) Does anyone have anything for sale that would fit up to the housing installed currently? 5) How do i make sure I purchase the right 302 for bolt up? Are they different from year to year?

Sorry for all the questions but I am very excited about this project and can not wait to get started.

Thanks for all the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic