Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine weight

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine weight
    Posted: October-19-2007 at 4:50am
Hi David,

I actually have one but I couldn't find it on the day I pulled that engine, they are great. I will never pull or set an engine without one again.

Thanks,
Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 12:43pm
That rigging would have easily held the engin/tranny/acc complete without problem. Very impressive setup. Purchase engine hoist tilt/leveling (whatever you call it) bar for the re-install to make things easier.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 2:42am
Hi John,

My buddy lost interest, I now own it, the price was right - free.

I figure I can use the hull to experiment on rather than experience the learning curve on the SkiTique.

I know people have their opinions, and their brand loyalty, but it's really not a bad boat. Maybe one day it will officially be in the fleet. I'm thinking I can use it as my salt water boat (close to home) and keep the Tique for fresh water use only. Right now it is just a really big paper weight. One of several...

Mike

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 2:12am
Very stout looking set-up Mike.

After you saved the engine what did ya do with the rest of the boat...scrap it?

just joking......

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 12:04am
Built an A-frame out of 2x4's with a tripled-up 2x8 header to pull the 351 engine and trans (less risers) out of a buddy's boat (please, no comments on the brand):

Needed the engine hoist to level things off. Built the hoist too short, so I had to let the air out of the tires and tilt the trailer tongue up to slip the boat out.

I believe it was BKH who used his garage door header with some 4x4 uprights fit in on each side of the boat. He posted pics on this site.

Mike

Pgaski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pgaski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2007 at 9:20pm
jj just disconnet everything, gas/water/exaust/wiring/and throttle and tranny. If you don't have a hoist call a tow truck and have him lift it out and set it on a floor dolly you can make yourself. Then you can wheel it anywhere you wish in the garage. This will save you alot of time and labor. If you need anymore info E-mail me. I just pulled my engine.

Pgaski@hotmail.com
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2007 at 2:18am
jj, welcome aboard,strip the motor bare. Seperate the motor and the tranny,that will save a little.
Your manifolds with risers are 44 pounds each,estimated heads and block assy. w/ intake and front cover 400 pounds.
Don't leave anything on there you can take off,it ain't purty when a motor falls................boat dr
racintj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racintj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2007 at 12:10am
I would think the complete motor should weigh somewhere around 650 lbs.
Every day above ground is a Good day.

Lakeland, FL
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2007 at 10:46pm
Your tranny probably weighs a little under 100lbs, and I don't know how much the exhaust manifolds weigh...but they are heavy. The manifolds are easy enough to remove while in the boat, but I think the tranny is easier to deal with when it comes out with the motor.

There is a reference section here that may help, and skidim.com will have shipping weights.

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
jjtaub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjtaub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2007 at 10:16pm
I am just about to redo my floor/foam and stringers on a 78 SN.

I was wondering if some one could give me ball park weights for:

Engine with Acc, tranny and manifolds

Engine with Acc and tranny.. manifolds off.

engine stripped of tranny, pumps, alternator and starter off.

Basicly I am trying to decide how much I should disaemble before removal. I tested my hoist system to 600lbs and it seems solid but I want to stay on the safeside with this one.
JJTaub
78 Ski Nautique-past
94 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic