NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shower

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower
    Posted: October-04-2007 at 7:01am
Did you have the shower head open when you ran the pump? Don't believe pressure is necessary, you could always create some pressure by blowing some air in the supply lines, if that does not work the pump may be shot.
Falcon1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 12:33am
I got the pump to work by banging on the side of it! Then I submersed the supply lines in antifreeze but it wouldn't suck through. So the input lines must have to be under pressure to open the pump valve? Since I can't run the engine "dry", how do you recommend getting antifreeze to run through the pump so it won't freeze? It's hardwired into the boat and I'd prefer not to cut the lines to bring it inside.   
Falcon1986
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2007 at 11:43am
I would work on getting power to the pump otherwise you may just want to remove it and store it indoors over the winter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2007 at 11:32am
I did like you recommended. Thanks. I'm not sure water/antifreeze will go through the internal pump valves without activating it.
Falcon1986
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2007 at 1:58am
If you cannot activate the pump remove what should be a red hose from the block and a blue hose from the water supply and drain them, maybe blow thru them to push water thru the system then fill with anti-freeze. You may need to run the pump to drain it completely.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2007 at 1:06am
I just bought a 97 Ski Nautique and it came with the shower pump. I've had the boat on the lake a few times but never used the shower. Now I need to winterize the shower (along with the engine). Does the pump only work if the engine is running? I've tried all the switches but it won't turn on. How do I get antifreeze through the pump for the winter?
Falcon1986
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic