NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lots of questions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lots of questions
    Posted: October-20-2007 at 12:17am
Originally posted by gene41097 gene41097 wrote:

Pete,
I've rubbed on this boat more in the last 2 weeks than I have my wife for the last 15 yrs.maybe have priority issues?(lol)
thanks again

Good god man, we all just recovered from the last post that went down this road...

The Goose
gene41097 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene41097 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 12:58pm
Pete,
Thanks for the info. the bolt and bushing that mounts the slide to the glass are intact, so it's just the slide i need. I'm in the process of wet sanding the hull. last night after about 2 hrs of this i thought ,I've rubbed on this boat more in the last 2 weeks than I have my wife for the last 15 yrs.maybe have priority issues?(lol)
thanks again
Gene41097
There's more to life than watching other people live it!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 12:08pm
Gene, The knobs are easy. Go here and enter part # 91185a374 in their search.knobs at mcmaster
The only problem is they only come in a quantity of 25! You may get lucky at a good hardware store.

The slotted slide I feel will need to be made. You or a friend can cut and bend one out of aluminum. I ended up doing this for my 77.
Small rubber bushings where the slide is mounted to the glass can be found at the hardware store.

The stencil you are speaking about is a Gerbermask. You will need to find a sign shop that cuts vinyl and take a full size tracing to them. They will scan it and then cut the mask.

On the timing question, you'll need to wait for someone else to comment. I'm not really sold on them and have never had a issue with points. Besides a possible improvement in starting, there isn't any performance gain.

Good luck with your "boatload" of projects!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
gene41097 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene41097 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 11:02am
I bought a 79 natique in the spring. Spent most of summer dealing with mechanical issues.now that seasons over,time to make her look a little better.The panels of glass under the windshield are missing the lock down screws and 1 guide. Where can I find these?I order an electronic distributor from skidim. Do you set the timing the same as the point type? Also, I read in a thread somewhere here,
that there was info on the site that I could take to a sign shop and they could make a stencil from that to paint the graphics.Where do I find that?That's just a start because I have a "boat load" of things I'd like to get done b4 spring.Thanks for any input. Sometimes being stupid and a newbie can make things harder than they really are.
Gene41097
There's more to life than watching other people live it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic