Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

installing sound system

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: installing sound system
    Posted: December-27-2007 at 4:12am
I ran the fused amp power wire directly to the battery & ran the head unit power wire to amp power wire connector . I ran the head unit switched power wire to the ignition keyed on power wire. Dan
shawbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2007 at 10:52pm
thanks guys, went with a marine boss head unit an speakers, mounted it in a watertight casing that I glassed into the glove box. used a sony Xplode sub with a MTX amp that I had lying around the house, mounted the amp on the sub box so I can remove the whole system when not in use ( I live in South Africa and they like removing sound systems at night). built the box for the sub out of plywood that I then drenched in resin, so hopefully that will last, would have liked to use marine ply but couldn't justify the price of a whole sheet! Anyway, sounds great so am very happy! thanks for the help!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2007 at 11:30am
shaw- do a search here and you will find my stereo installation/equipment..any questions let me know...btw -it Fu@king Pounds and is Very clear
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 3:49pm
I agree with Quinner above. Also in addition to wiring the amp/s directly to the battery, a stiffening capacitor (TM) can improve the quality of your installation if you are going high power. If you are going 500 watts or above (RMS) I'd definitely use one. If you google car stereo installation, you will get lots of good tips.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 1:57pm
Not an expert by any means but I have done some upgrades to my factory system, in most or perhaps all cases amps should be powered directly from the battery, fused of course. As far as powering the head unit I believe it could come off an accessory switch and depending on the deck you may also need a hot lead which provides constant power.
Do some searching here and over at Planet Nautique and you should be able to find info to help guide you.
shawbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 11:18am
Hi all, was wondering if anyone has any advise. I have a '91 ski nautique, I am looking at putting a sound system in it. I am going to run an amp, sub, head unit and then the speakers in the boat. my question is, since my boat has never had a radio in it do I run the power from one of the accessory switches or do I run straight from the battery?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic