NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Windshield Removal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windshield Removal
    Posted: February-29-2008 at 9:22pm
I know I have seen a post on here before, but I can not find it.
Can anyone tell me how to remove the windshield on a 89 SNOB?
Looking at it, I can not get a screw driver behind the dash to get at the screws for the windshield. Also, I can not remove the dash because I can not get at the screw that holds in down on the right side because the windshield is in the way. It is like a catch 22!

I must be missing something here because someone put it together so it must come apart, I am just not seeing it.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
bk_broiler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bk_broiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 5:35pm
Not sure if your windshield is like mine (81 SN), but for me, I had to remove plastic strips along the base of the windshield on the outside. Once removed, I could get at the screws that mounted the windshield to the hull of the boat. Feel along the black windshield base (sides and front) and see if you can feel which part is plastic, if so, remove the strip with a flathead screwdrive and you should find the screws. That is, if your 89 is like my 81.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you figure it out!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by bk_broiler bk_broiler wrote:

That is, if your 89 is like my 81.

Yep, that should be the case. Same deal for my '90.

bk_broiler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bk_broiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2008 at 3:11am
Oooh, nice work on the photo! :) Get the windshield off, azeus?
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2008 at 11:04pm
Thanks for the info. I did not try yet. Was out of town this weekend. Daytona Bike Week just started and we had to make the drive down for the weekend!
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic