NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winter 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2008 at 2:40am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

I tried that already.Wife shot it down . She thinks if we come down there she won't see me all week

I'm unable to relate to this...my wife tells me the less she sees me, the better!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
82wake2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2008 at 5:04pm
wow Riley

I thought looking at people ice fishing while driving by the lake was bad. We can atleast see the stop signs.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2008 at 11:55pm
   Talked to my neighbor at the lake today...4 feet of snow on our camp roof.Heading up tomorrow to clear it off before heavy rains come on Wed.

5 snowmobile fatalities in Maine this weekend alone. 5....Wow.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 2:55am
Thanks Adam...couldn't have said it better myself.

How do you do cool stuff like that?

Hey Mike...tell Mrs 210 that it is a working vacation...my bike needs a little work. We might squeeze in a little boat time.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 3:16pm
Mike, be careful. If you fall of the roof, don't go head first like that poor b*****d in Naples.

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=81223
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 3:33pm
clearing ice from an EX wife's roof?...why? hahaha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by nates78ski nates78ski wrote:

Nate

I bet that's what he was thinking while he was wondering if he was going to die a slow, stupid death.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by nates78ski nates78ski wrote:

Nate

Probably still paying for it! Wanted to keep his investment up.
Greg

86 BFN
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

..my bike needs a little work. We might squeeze in a little boat time.

john

Now I understand the signature "Loud pipes save lives"

Wondered about that and how it related to a SN.
I ride a 99 Valkyrie Interstate with 82,000+ miles. I do not have the loud pipes but do understand the reasoning.
Thanks for clearing that up. Happy and Safe riding..
Roger
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 9:20pm

Hey Mike...tell Mrs 210 that it is a working vacation...my bike needs a little work. We might squeeze in a little boat time.
john

JBear,

I'd be up for that.There would have to be slightly more boat time than work time,though.

Be safe out there Roger,and BTW,JBear's signature refers to his bike and his boat

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 12:09am
Any time Mike.

Thanks for clearing up the "loud" stuff too.

Keep the shiny side up Roger!

As you might figure I am partial to the 80's boats. Yours looks very nice...love the red carpet. Whole interior looks very good. Just have it redone? Where abouts in NC are you? Near ReidP and Lake Norman?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 2:00am
jbear,
I too liked the 80s models. Just purchased this one from Clarksville, Va. just over 600 hours on it.
I understand that the interior was replaced by the previous owner.
I am in a small town between Sanford and Raleigh. Just down the street from Jordan Lake and Sharon Harris Lake. Have been without a ski boat for the last 2 years and just could not stand it anymore. Decided to get a "real" ski boat this time.

ReidP is not that far, couple of hours maybe.

Ride the bike down near you neck of the woods in December. Ride down to Tampa area for a small cylce show. Always enjoy riding in Fla.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 2:03am
Next time you ride down here you better look me up. I'll have a cold one for you.

If you look up Reid sometime for a visit...you won't be disappointed. Me and Patti should be there about the end of July...maybe you can make it over then.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 10:25am
March 2008 at my favorite NH ski site (cousins house). Yikes!

Amazing - I'm only couple hrs South and we're down to bare ground now.
Springs almost here!
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 12:56pm

If you look up Reid sometime for a visit...

I am hoping to run with Reid and others up to Green Lake. Be good to travel with others.
And next time I am in your area, I will take you up on your offer.. Thanks

You have the same open offer here in New Hill.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 3:29pm
Well, i thought spring was on its way after a 50degree sunday & 60 monday. Then we got hit w/ a sleet storm & a few more inches of snow last night. Mother nature's a whore. I'm sorry, but i had to get that out there.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 4:04pm
she's not only a whore but a tease too....
"the things you own will start to own you"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 9:09pm
agreed.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 1:14am
This winter officialy sucks. My brother's beautiful 1980 Century Resorter,

is in this building that collapsed this afternoon,

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 1:23am
Ouch
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 1:31am
I would cry too.. lost a great boat and a nice garage.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 10:40am
    Wow, that's really a bummer.Where was that garage located?In the Sebago area near you? You guys have gotten alot of snow up there this year.I heard they had one collapse in the Bethel area last week also.It was full of boats,cars,and rvs that belonged to summer residents.

Was that garage built by the same contractor that built yours ?!

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 10:50am
Mike, it is in Sebago. I'm going up to look at it now and figure out a plan. My garage was built by my buddy and I. He is a high end contractor, and hopefully, mine is built much better. The garage that collapsed was built by one of those companies that builds garages locally for a great price. They put them up in one day. It is about 15 years old. I don't think it had a truss roof. Hopfully, the boat is not totalled.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 12:31pm
Bruce, I hope there isn't too much damage to your brothers boat. He may need the services of our new sponsor, Marine glass.

I've never thought very highly of the companies that do the garages only. They build to the very min. to just meet the code. I think they come north in the summer and then in winter return to Louisina. After changing their company name they are back north the next summer!! I'm glad to hear you have the trusses.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 12:44pm
Bruce,
Keep your fingers crossed, hopefully boat will be ok when you pull the ruble off!
If not, that sucks, but I guess that's what insurance is for.
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 1:08pm
Bruce,

Sorry to hear about your brother's boat. Hopefully it can be fixed up.

You'll have to introduce your brother to your contractor buddy... Maybe he could help him rebuild that garage.

Kyle
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 4:02pm
Good news, I don't think it's totaled. The boat has not been crushed. I'm sure there's damage and I'd be amazed if the windshield is not busted. The boat is on the left side and the roof collapsed in the middle, but did not come apart from the outside walls. Tricky part now is to get it out of there without causing further damage.

Pete, the garage was built with 2x6 rafters and only had 3 2x6 ties. My buddy told me the only way my garage is coming down is if the walls bow out and he said that was not going to happen because of the way we built it. That is exactly what happened to the garage that collapsed. The out side walls went out and the roof came down.

How much does a cubic foot of wet icy snow weigh?
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2008 at 4:01am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

-Adam

1973 Skier
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2008 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Bruce, That is a tough question because is hard to say just how "wet" the snow is! Compacted snow weighs 30lbs per cu.ft. and water is about 62lbs. so the heavy wet snow is somwhere between 30 and 62.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2008 at 9:00am
I think our standard for roof loads is 65/sf. A lot of roofs have collapsed this week. Another major storm coming in tomorrow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic