NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

82 2001 interior project.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 11:57pm
82wake2001,

Don't get discouraged, my friend. You have a nice boat. You seem willing to get your hands dirty to fix it up a bit. These are great boats. Great for the price. Great for the sport.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
dans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 2:16am
79 is just busting your balls cause your new.You have a Correct Craft so your a friend in my book.This will be my 3rd year with the 82 & it has never given my any trouble besides the starter relay. Great boat , great wake. Dan
78nautique78 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78nautique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 7:13pm
From this.....
78nautique78 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78nautique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 7:13pm
To this!!
83_2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83_2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 2:41pm
82wake2001 -

You'll love the boat. It has a great hull, new 220 no, but when you weight it right it puts out a great wake. Have pulled riders of all ability levels behind my 83, and they have all come back for another pull! Plus, right now I like being able to trailer with a smaller truck + the better GPH the smaller Nauti gets. Best of luck, I am down in Columbus if you ever need anything!
82wake2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 2:29pm
UPDATE******

Well I have the carpet in and it looks great. There is a couple spots under the bow that look under par, but the seat will cover it. I am extremly satisfied with the job and cant wait to get out on the lake. Due to money reasons and keeping it close to stock thanks to the wise words of 79 i am recovering the seats.once that is done i will upload the finished product
!!

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 3:49pm
now if we only could have got to you sooner about the dash. Nice clean job don't forget the trim along the outside, Just go to a carpet place or lowes and get the black plastic trim piece used on the edge of the carpet. In a house it's used to transition from carpet to a wood/tile floor. Alot of the stuff is metal or wood but you can get it in plastic.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 3:57pm
Your carpet job is looking good! How did you do the carpet where the floor meets the sides? Did you just butt the side to the floor? I am getting ready to one & trying to decide how it will look best.
Greg

86 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 4:33pm
I actually switched to a paint brush half way through..i did the sides first then the bottom. i then used the handle of the rolling pin and with some presure from my knee got the corners close..the glue i got from lowes had enough drying time so i could move it around. only took 2 gallons and i have some left over....It is one giant piece per side...use the old carpet as a template..
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2008 at 1:08am
Originally posted by 82wake2001 82wake2001 wrote:

I purchased my 2001 due to the fact it is the best hull hands down for wakeboarding. I love the newer design, but love my 2001 hull. I will be updating the interior once the carpet is done. I understand the "original look", but i want to enjoy my boat in my own taste. I really never plan to sell it but pass it down. Every thing u gentlemen have said is very true and i appreciate all of it...

same reason I bought my 78 martinique. but most have not tried to board behind one of these, since the BFN and Ski nautiques were far more popular than the martinique.

I modded the interior to meet my specifications, and everyone who has ever seen it knows it looks great. I had a professional upholsterer redo ro everything, and I redid the floors, and redsigned the front seat.

I still think a nice sanding of the gelcoat will clean it up my 78 on the outside, but the inside is really sharp 3 toned grey, then light and medium blue.

good for you for making the interior as you want it. If you do it right you don't hurt the value, but INCREASE it.

My boat went from a 4500 dollar purchase to appraised at near 9k (Covered under insurance for 9k), with 250 man hours of work, and 1200 dollars of material. Granted I got all the carpet and marine vinyl at cost, and no cost for the labor.

reminding me I need to post pics....

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2008 at 8:38am
Joe, Good job, looks great. Only word of advice on the carpet is that if possible get it indoors with the heat on for as long as you can to get that glue to set. It takes a long time to actually cure so avoid any heavy soakings like a rainstorm if you can. It could take all summer to really be safe from movement if it gets soaked, water from regular skiing activity won't hurt it.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2008 at 12:58pm
thanks 81...It is in a heated garage and will not be out until most likley may with ohio weather...we had a nice weather teaser then bamb stupid blizzard...
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2008 at 7:42pm

thanks 81...It is in a heated garage and will not be out until most likley may with ohio weather...we had a nice weather teaser then bamb stupid blizzard...

tell me about it.

teaser yesterday, then today, up to 14" in milwaukee.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2008 at 1:02pm
ya I woke up today to a plow..another 4 inches lastnight...just found out i need to replace my steering cable...talking about getting worked..the cables like 350!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2008 at 11:58am

ya I woke up today to a plow..another 4 inches lastnight...just found out i need to replace my steering cable...talking about getting worked..the cables like 350!!!

you need a different supplier that's quite high paid less than half that from skidim
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2008 at 2:48pm
82wake, the 82-90 cable isnt cheap, but that price still sounds high. The correct cable is available at White Lake for $275 (before the discount).

As of a year ago, SkiDIM didnt sell Correct Craft steering cables. I dont see anything on their website that indicates theyre carrying them now. Standard cables have shorter throws so if theyre installed in a CC, you compromise the turning radius.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 12:15pm
Thanks TR i was looking at cables and wondering the difference...i started to buff the hull last night cause i did not want to put any seats or covers back in the boat until i get the cable figured out.

nc2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 1:09pm
these are the cheapest Ive found

http://www.shopwhitelake.com/steeringcables.html

from white lake marine in NC. The 82-90 is a correct craft only 17.5' cable. Ive got to replace mine as well still trying to save up coin because these aint cheap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 11:56am
Well in the ever going effort to get the nautique water ready i started to buff lastnight. Made it around a couple times and its actually starting to look good..below is a before and after....

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 1:42pm
you need to get some epoxy and gel-kote and remove those snaps. But your getting there
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 3:04pm
Looking good Joe. Makes me feel guilty that I've done nothing on my 82 project. Keep at it. Summer is almost here. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 3:53pm

those snaps hold my cover on though...i did notice some spiderweb cracks....how do i fix that..
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 4:16pm
it's better for the snaps to be under the rub rail where they are not notice as easily. For the spider cracks well that's a little hard to fix, maybe Pete or some of the gel-kote experts can chime in, but you better leaving them alone unless you are going to redo to gel-kote or re-paint the hull.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 4:52pm
Joe,

It's awesome seeing your boat getting a new lease on life, great job! Reminds me a bit of what I did with my first CC which was back when your boat was only a few years old!

Keep going and keep the pic's coming. BTW, I think 79' is starting to warm up to ya, it's all good, Chrissy is a good guy!!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

it's better for the snaps to be under the rub rail where they are not notice as easily. For the spider cracks well that's a little hard to fix, maybe Pete or some of the gel-kote experts can chime in, but you better leaving them alone unless you are going to redo to gel-kote or re-paint the hull.

Joe, It is looking good! Lots of work but worth it. You'll be happy.

Chris is correct that spider cracks are tough. (or any cracks/nicks/gouges) They require routing out and filled with gel. I've seen some good close match's of gel color but you always see the filled area. I've always had a tough time with it. The time to really do it is when re gelling the complete hull or the less desirable re paint. If the spider cracks are around the snaps, then whoever installed them didn't drill a large enough pilot hole causing stress in the brittle gel. I always like to counter bore a clearance hole through the gel so there is no stress. Keep it in mind if you ever need to screw something on the glass.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 7:02pm
That SN is cleaning up really well.

Best solution is to live with the snaps. I've got them really low on my Mustang and I think the cure is probably no better or maybe even worse than looking at the snaps. I don't know what people are thinking when they either put them low like that or, worse, above the rub rail.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2008 at 4:42pm
Thanks for all the replies...I really could not do it without all the amazing help from the great guys on CC!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2008 at 1:26pm
Well once again i spent all day yesterday working on the boat.I go tthe old registration numbers off and the topside waxed...

Just filling a knick..

Goodbye old numbers....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2008 at 1:47pm
Does anyone know were to get a cheap keel shield...i often pull onto the beach at the lake i dock at and do not wanna chip my keel...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2008 at 4:14pm
so I made a blog of what I do to the boat...its www.ladyofthewake.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic