NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Name This Boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112>
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 9:34pm
OK, time to restart this thread. Last week we were on vacation in Cabo, and while walking past the marina, we saw this. Any guesses? I told my wife if there is anyone who would know, they would probably be on here. What do you guys think? The bottom reminds me of a hovercraft, but the black (window?) in the front is strange.

Rob

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 9:39pm
The one in the bottom of the frame is a Malibu with the totally dysfunctional tower.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 1:22pm
That's an area 51 sighting in my opinion.

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 3:31pm
Rob, I know I've seen a webpage for that boat somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere. Damn this is irritating me.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 8:05pm
That's not a boat, you fool. Didn't you read about that Goodyear blimp that crashed.
If I owned that one, I would cover it too.
Maybe it's some kind of hovercraft?
Scott
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 8:06pm
I'm surprised nobody knew what that was. I thought for sure somebody (BKH) would be all over it. I guess its a mystery. I know I wouldn't trade the Nautique for it though!

Rob
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 9:37pm
its a 2005 whatchamacallit!
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 2:00am
anyone ever heard of an inboard with the name seirra supreme, was that version of the ske supreme? I will try to get a pic of it this week end.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 2:32am
sierra ski supreme

you mean this?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 3:29am
no not quite like that, if I remember right there are no graphics on the side except towards top rear on the side. I will definitely try to get a pic of it this week end it will make it easier.

79 if it is a ski supreme it is an older one.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 3:35am
just did search and it poped up the name also shows up under cover manufacture's listings as a model of ski supreme.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 7:03pm
it most likey is a ski supreme then. I just never seen one like this before. My area used to be primarily CC and Master crap mainly CC though.
79 Mustang View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 1:10pm
Here is a picture of our 1989 Sierra Supreme.

Boat has a 300HP Chrysler 360 engine

We bought this boat when space became an issue due to children.

Pretty good boat overall...great for family due to depth and space....but not near the fun our 1979 Mustang was.

We hope to replace this boat with a sport down the road.

You will find the entire story in the diary section.

Scott

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 11:14pm
that's the boat I have been seeing. Went to get pic this week end but it was gone.

79 you had it right the first time, just the graphics were didfferent then the one I had seen.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 4:20pm
2 "new" manufacturers, I didn't even need to black out any decals!

----

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 5:04pm
Baja?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 5:09pm
I think the blue one was called a Laguna??

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 5:39pm
Fail, Fail.

I should have said this in my original post, Good Luck Brian!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 8:26pm
Grady White? NFI?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 9:36pm
First one is a Pismo Skier. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 9:51pm
Bada Bing, Brian got the first one (two). The blue is an '88 with an Indmar, but the gray I don't know the year, and has a PCM.

'89 with PCM also.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 10:23pm
Definately got that California look like the old Malibu Skiers. Do people still like that look out there, Brian? I don't know that it ever caught on around here. It was just tolerated.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 10:36pm
I'm not positive, but I believe the Pismos were built in the same building as the Malibus.

There are plenty of 20 year old Bu's out here, but they are starting to fall apart, and people seem to prefer new here.

There were lots of CA boats with that striping - Hallets and Eliminators come to mind.

I'm not even a big fan of colored hulls, so I'm the wrong guy to ask. Prefer my boats white. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 11:11pm
The Bu's are falling apart because people aren't willing to do the restos you see people doing on CCF because there is little collectability to them. I don't think any of the older ski boats have the interest in them that Correct Craft has.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 12:39am
Speaking of older boats,heres a vintage one for you guys to work on...

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 1:00am
Arenacraft. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 1:06am
Mannnn....Brian ...we're going to have to ban you for 30 days from future contests!
BTW, its a 61, powered by a 292 "Y" block.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 6:23pm
BTTT
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 6:26pm
Second boat is a Hondo Skier. Probably another CA knockoff.

'94 with Mercruiser

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 6:33pm
Interesting bow stop on that trailer.
Life is Good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112>
  Share Topic