NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dashboard water leak

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dashboard water leak
    Posted: April-02-2008 at 2:32pm
Hello. 1995 Ski Nautique, when I drive it, water leaks on my knees from bottom of dash? Substantialy. I am not in any heavy water situations, and I do not have water or ice in the cooler/glovebox. There is not much of any water coming on the bow. I have a "pass thru" windsheild, allthough as I said no water really at that point? Any suggestions?

Thanks! Js
Js
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 2:47pm
Water leak, dash , drip drip drip on your knees???????? check the pitot linrs to your speedos, this will allow water to enter the internals rendering them JUNK......
Replace the tubing or at least cut off a short section to obtain a water tight seal...............Boat dr
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2008 at 3:10am
damn boat dr. i wish you were my neighbor.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2008 at 1:45pm
phospher, is that good or bad.
There are some here that would rather I not post because I say what I feel is the correct thing to say.
The thread police will possibly edit this too.But my computer will allow me to open and read any topic, my choice ...If it is of intrest to me I open if not I use the DELETE KEY...
I too wish MOST of ya'll lived closer, water temp 68 highs for the weekend 82...Gas 3.15 per gallon,come on down we will make a wave or two............Boat dr
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2008 at 1:58pm
man oh man am i jealous and it's good thing.

i need a mentor, and if it wasn't for this forum i would be dropping big $$$.

where you located anyway that is so dang nice?
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2008 at 2:18pm
When you have the time do this;
Google 71354
Monterey Louisiana
This is where God stays on those 6 days before he comes to your church........Billy
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 5:20pm
Boat Dr., As soon as you wrote your reply to me, I knew you were correct! And you are. It seems that the perfect pass has not worked, since I purchased, and when i inspected, I noticed the pitot hose was disconnected and had a, ready for this, a "golf tee" stuck into the end. Evidentaly not as water tight as need be. So there is the problem, somewhat solved. I still need to fix the perfect pass, there seems to be no power to it? All wires are connected. The good news, if any is that the hose is at the bottom of the dash and no threat to all the gauges above, and my knees stay cool. Thanks!! Js
Js
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 5:29pm
like i said, i wish boat dr. was my neighbor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic