NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another water leak

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Towman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another water leak
    Posted: June-01-2008 at 8:38pm
I have had my 85 in the water for a week now and about every day an inch of water needs to be pumped out.Not leaking at the packing or rudder,Removed the rear floor and wiped it down.It looks like its coming from the transom area behind the tank?Maybe Exhust area or platform screws???
Towman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2008 at 8:41pm
Thanks
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2008 at 9:23pm
you could raise the tongue and do the reverse...fill the bildge with some water and look for the leak on the outside....do i have to write this, dont fill the water over the trans, tilt it high enough so the water stays in the back, this way you dont have to remove the gas tank on your search and if it is some screws leaking you could possibly remove them from the outside and 3m 5200 them
"the things you own will start to own you"
Towman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 1:06am
Thanks Eric I realy did not want to pull it out of the lake but I would rather be safe.Why checking for the leak I also discovered I have a Dirty nutural so we might be talking at the end of the season.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 10:25am
i think we coined a new phrase on this site "dirty little nuetral"
"the things you own will start to own you"
jayc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 7:56pm
My 82 was leaking quite a lot through the speedo tube entry points on the transom and also through the platform bolts.

A whole load of sealant after its cured!

I found it strange that the speedo entry point is below the waterline. On my MC its just about the water line preventing any leaking issues if the sealant shrunk.
1982 Nautique 2001 - 351W Dual Fuel
1982 Ski Tique - 351W Dual fuel
1996 Maxum 210ss -350 EFI Dual Fuel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic