NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Props

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jsmith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Props
    Posted: May-27-2008 at 12:28am
I need a new prop and was wondering where the best place to get one is? I have an 82 ski nautique 2001 and it has a 542 13X11.5 VR 1" prop now. I use the boat to wakeboard and wakesurf behind mostly. I'm going the have the current prop (which is bent) fixed but would like to get a new one so I can get back on the water and then have a spare. This is my first boat and its all new to me so any help would be great!
thanks Jason
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 12:53am
check out the links on the web site. Delta prop gives a discount for CCFAN members. I found the price at my local nautique dealership competitive to what Delta had.

If Eric(transmission guy) catches up on your post he may be able to help you depending on the prop you need. I bought an Acme 540.

Welcome to the site and good luck. these guys are awesome.

shawn

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 10:15am
877-369-6693 eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
saskie99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saskie99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 1:28pm
I have the 13 x 11.5 3 blade nibral XMP. I went from the 13 x 13 what a difference, same top speed for skiing and way better holeshot with out sacrificing the fuel mileage. i would stick with what you have. I normally run 2000lbs of balast plus how ever many people I can put in it. We surf and wakeboard almost all the time.

Jeremy
jsmith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 10:36pm
Hi guys thanks for the info. and I'll give you a call tomorrow Eric.
Bigcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2008 at 7:30pm
I have been reading quite a bit of different opinions on prop selection and now I am confused.

As was suggested sometime back I went ahead and bought the Acme 540 and will be looking at swapping it in the next week or so.

My boat is 1994 ski with 351w/ carbed 240 HP / 1:1 transmission RH. Currently the boat will do 43-44mph at 4300-4400 rpm.

At the end of the season my mechanic is going to install GT40 heads/ performer intake/ cam lifters (cam research) and DUI ignition.

feedback appreciated.
BIGCITY
My Baby !!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2008 at 8:36pm
Bigcity, why the confusion? That 540 should be the hot ticket for your setup, with or without the GT40 heads.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 10:21am
TR, I think PCM slashed thier pricing on PCM trans parts, i called to order some seal kits and clutch plate kits and they were half the price from last year???? does this mean im slashing my trans prices....nope, lol
I'll find out more today, i didnt order yet because i want to make sure they are the same parts.
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic