Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dwell angle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
baumanmt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baumanmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dwell angle
    Posted: June-09-2008 at 12:41pm
Thanks for the advice. I will check all of it before headin for the lake.
gb842001
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by LaurelLakeSkier LaurelLakeSkier wrote:

When you adjust the dwell, you ARE changing the point gap.......it is just a more accurate way of getting the correct setting. Usually the gap is set first just to get in the ball park.

Also, remember that changing the dwell/point gap will change your ignition timing so be sure to check that out with a timing light when you are done.

You are exactly right!
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 5:26pm
When you adjust the dwell, you ARE changing the point gap.......it is just a more accurate way of getting the correct setting. Usually the gap is set first just to get in the ball park.

Also, remember that changing the dwell/point gap will change your ignition timing so be sure to check that out with a timing light when you are done.
baumanmt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baumanmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 2:42pm
Sorry- Stupid question, the dwell angle is on the engine sticker. 31 degrees, I'm still not sure about the points gap, but it did start @ .017. Thanks
gb842001
baumanmt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baumanmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 2:51am
I have a 351w in my 84SN can someone please tell me what my dwell angle should be, I'm setting my points gap at .017, also wondering if that is correct. Thanks, Greg
gb842001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic