NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weeding the Pumpkin patch

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1718192021 24>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 10:58am
Thanks Anthony...interesting reading. For now I just want to clean it, but I may look into that more over the winter.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 11:01am
Ancient redneck proverb...

Man with empty supply cabinet will soon have unfinished project?!!?
1988 BFN-sold

anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 12:01pm
No problem Greg, read about, like I said, I was impressed with the performance. My tank had rust inside and I previously used a rust remover from the autopart. It removed some but when I used theirs it was unbelievable how it worked. Actually it revealed the thru holes where the rust made it thru. I used their patch sytem and is rock solid. Another cool thing is that they have a small tank kit in case you need to repair a smaller tank in your house. I used the whole kit and just a little bit was left. Good stuff IMO.

BTW, you can buy directly but also I have seen it in some body paint shops.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Man that is coming out awesome. No way you should cover that woodwork!

john

Agreed. I vote for a plexiglass floor.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by anthonylizardi anthonylizardi wrote:

I used POR-15 on my motorcycle tank and the product is amazing. Their "metal ready" removed and neutralize the rust on the tank actually revealing leaks from the rust eat threw the metal. They said it works on aluminum. I finished with a coat of their sealer and that stuff is really hard. My tank has been good for 2 years and the product is still solid. Really easy to work with.

Just an idea,
Anthony

Anybody that coats their tank with this stuff or any other sealer that is not specifically made for ETHANOL in gas is in for a big surprise.

Tim

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

Originally posted by anthonylizardi anthonylizardi wrote:

I used POR-15 on my motorcycle tank and the product is amazing. Their "metal ready" removed and neutralize the rust on the tank actually revealing leaks from the rust eat threw the metal. They said it works on aluminum. I finished with a coat of their sealer and that stuff is really hard. My tank has been good for 2 years and the product is still solid. Really easy to work with.

Just an idea,
Anthony

Anybody that coats their tank with this stuff or any other sealer that is not specifically made for ETHANOL in gas is in for a big surprise.

Tim

From the Por15 site:
         "U.S. STANDARD FUEL TANK SEALER was formulated and developed in our own laboratories due to the demand for a high-tech sealer impervious to all fuels, including the new Stage II fuels which have a high alcohol content."

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Man that is coming out awesome. No way you should cover that woodwork!

john

Agreed. I vote for a plexiglass floor.

Complete with an in-floor fish tank and a mirror ball hanging from the tower!   LOL

Seriously, thanks guys.
1988 BFN-sold

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 7:21am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Complete with an in-floor fish tank and a mirror ball hanging from the tower!

And so you will have the very first "DFN" aka "Disco Foot Nautique"
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

ElectricJOE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElectricJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 7:24pm
Wow I justed joined and cant believe how awesome that looks. I re-did my floor but it did not come out as good as this! I did not re-do piping and stopped just before that vent box thing. I also felt pressured to get it done it still took two months. EVERY ONE THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY. I think you have to be a diffrent breed to own a SN most people would buy a new boat. where is the fun in that. Keep it up. keep posting pics.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Complete with an in-floor fish tank and a mirror ball hanging from the tower!

And so you will have the very first "DFN" aka "Disco Foot Nautique"

LOLOL   Pete and the Boat Dr. would have me removed...Eric would probably send his men in black?!!?    

I did put a plexi back on a jewelry box by request once...

Thanks Joe. It's been an adventure to say the least! I didn't know much about glass when I started this, but wow...what a learning curve. I know it would take a while(cause I've done it) to read through this whole thread, and if you do you'll see that I've gotten TONS of help from the good folks here.

3 cheers to Keith for his hard work and patience!!!

On the airbox thing, I didn't want to get into that either but am glad I did. I found a very thin part on the keel?!!?

You may also notice how much fun the guys have with me and my 'issues'!!!   LMAO
1988 BFN-sold

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 9:18pm

You may also notice how much fun the guys have with me and my 'issues'!!!   LMAO

Where would I be without my daily check on the pumpkin patch!! Been following along Greg just don't have much to add that hasn't been said. Quality work all the way.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 1:01am
I know... Hasbeen Who?
But the highest compliment I can give you on your craftsmanship is that when I finally got the time to view your thread and photos, It FIRED ME UP!.. and after many weeks of task interference I have crawled back into my 81 BFN. I have a couple more hours of grinding to wrap up before starting the fun part. You are an inspiration.
bj
hasbeenskier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 2:50am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Where would I be without my daily check on the pumpkin patch!!

I'm glad to see that you're helping to watch the store! I say that because I've followed your work as well and consider it a benchmark...and because I know you'd let me know if I was trying to bend plate glass again?!!?   LOL
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 2:54am
Originally posted by hasbeenskier hasbeenskier wrote:

You are an inspiration.

How 'bout if we consider that a favor returned then?

The work you did on your BFN gave me the kickstart to do mine right!

Truth be told...I was hoping to follow your lead all the way.    
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 3:40am
This shows where I screwed up and how I fixed it. After all of the talk about the floor angle, I still flubbed it up. The sharpie line is where the floor should be, and all is good in this pic...it was a bit low before this pic?!!? After I was done kicking myself, I made a jig and cut these 'adjusters'.

The raw spots on the stringer are where I fine tuned the engine cradle.

So close and ran out of foam. Amy said pay for the saturday delivery?!!?   LOL

1988 BFN-sold

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 10:30am
I'll be entering a nursing home next month
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 10:43am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I'll be entering a nursing home next month

Huh?
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 11:34am
thats how long its taking you
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 12:44pm

I'll go get another box of gloves...what time will you be here?
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 1:00pm

From Amy...

"Tell Eric I said, AMEN brother!!!

Did you order the foam yet and is it coming tomorrow????!!!!! None of us “fans” can wait ‘til next week."

I'm in trouble now!     
1988 BFN-sold

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 1:03pm
Just run over to West Marine, pick up the foam. You will sitting back drinking a beer by dark! Looking good Buffalo.
Greg

86 BFN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 1:08pm

From Amy...

Greg, Just tell both Eric and Amy that you do thinks correctly the first time!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

From Amy...

Greg, Just tell both Eric and Amy that you do thinks correctly the first time!!

From Amy...
"Okay, now it’s Pete’s turn… Tell him I’m all about doing things “CORRECT-ly” the first time and I experience/share your OCD/ARP first hand but when I signed on for this project EIGHT MONTHS ago, I didn’t think we’d still be in dry dock in June… LOL   A girl can only go so long without her boat and I’m dying to hear it crank up!?!?!? Everyone’s head is gonna turn when they hear that bad boy crank! (sorry, I know boats and stuff are supposed to be female, but I just can’t do it to the 454-punkin) Yahooooo I get excited just thinkin’ about it.

Not to mention, “it’s Shake-N-Bake and I helped”, I’m doing my part but I need my evening, newlywed boat ride. Wink-wink."

Yep, she's still a keeper; and she helped last night!      

But now the pressure is on...if it doesn't crank?!!?   ROFL
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Just run over to West Marine, pick up the foam. You will sitting back drinking a beer by dark! Looking good Buffalo.

Thanks Cat, but they want $99.95 for 2 cubic feet?!!? I'm looking now for some locally; otherwise it'll be wednesday.   
1988 BFN-sold

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 2:28pm
Home Depot will have this!

Greg

86 BFN
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 2:53pm
You have to get your priorities straight Greg. You can earn more money!

This?

Or this?
Greg

86 BFN
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 4:46pm
Coming along nicely Greg. Keep up the good.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 6:12pm
you better watch it Greg, Pete's known for snagging (new) wifes while your out playing with your boat....remember if you dont talk to her someone else will (Pete)   lmao
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 6:15pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 9:20pm

you better watch it Greg, Pete's known for snagging (new) wifes while your out playing with your boat....remember if you dont talk to her someone else will (Pete)   lmao

Hmmm...I'm not sure Pete would do that to a guy showing some respect to an old CC...or to a guy with roots in WI?!!?   LOL

Besides, he's almost taken me to raise. Would he do that to his own?   
1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1718192021 24>
  Share Topic