Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where’s all the Green Lake Reunion Talk

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 2:03am
Boy I'm glade I am going by way of I-74 & I-39 to Madison. It is a little longer but lot less traffic. I get enough Chicago traffic taking groups to the Cubs games with the charter coach.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 9:16am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Re: getting from 90 to 294, The best way is just Follow the I-80 aka I-80/94, continue on 80 until you get to 294, then follow 294 north.

Southern travelers:
Take I-65 to I-80/94 west, continue on 80/94 west for about 10mi (do not follow 94 to Chicago when it spins off however), exit I-80 at 294 north (tri-state tollway), 294 north will eventually become I-94 north and will take you to Wisconsin.

This is dead on, that roadway is brand new minimum of 4 lanes wide and it really moves pretty good now. It's taken 15 years of construction to get to this but it not half as bad as it used to be. Just try to avoid morning and afternoon rush hour and you'll do 65 right through.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
keegan99usa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 3:07pm
All this traffic talk throught Chi town reminds me of my trip after picking up the SNCB in IN. i left central WI at 02:00 AM to ddrive to Angola, IN. It took about 6 1/2 hours toget there. Take a test drive, have a rookie put the boat on the trailer (modified Malibu trailer, not fun), and grabbed a bite to eat. This got us out of Angola at 10:30-11AM. Did I mention that both the Cubs and Brewers were 1-2 and playing each other at 1PM that day? ARGHHHHHHHHHH I got home at 9PM, yes 10 1/2 hours to get home, pulling a yellow Nautique through downtown Chicago with a White Yukon Denali XL. I literally was looking out the window at cars on jacks with tires missing and more boards for windows than glass on the buildings. For some reason the Garmin GPS told me to get off the Interstate and I listened only to find closed one-way roads and 15 minutes of "eclipsed" viewing till the Interstate was with-inreach again. My FIL looks over and says "Never ask me to ride along again!!" lol
Sure I can laugh about it now, but that was not fun. i hope some poor soul likes the Garmin Nuvi that was launched out the window once I got back on the highway-------jk.
Can't wait to see you guys in GL. This weekend was one of two planned that I am looking forward to. I just got news that the first one was cancelled. I was going to have a Tommy Bartlett reunion fromwhen I skied there, but the flooding broke out a road and ddrained the Lake,so the Dells is really hurting from that one. Who know how long it will take to fill Lake Delton again, i've heard 3-4 years if all goes well.
See ya soon guys, I talked a couple other guys into coming too,i willhav to get them to sign up yet though. Oh,and friday is my 42nd BD, so I expect to have a warm welcome ;)
Later guys
Keegan99usa
Is it Summer yet??
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 3:14pm
Dan,
To bad for the TB show huh... I'll bet they pump water in from the river and it's back to normal faster than you think.. Huge money draw for the state....

Good to here you've got some buds coming with you.. Yes, sign them up so we can get a total count by months end..

My 46th b-day is the 12th, so the first shot is on me dude !!!! Can't wait !!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 3:30pm
yeah, I figured maybe they could pump up some water, just don't know how far and how much or how long. i can't imagine how long it will take just to do the repair so they can start to fill er up again. Very sad, good news is no one got hurt or killed.
Later
Keegan99usa
Is it Summer yet??
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 11:24pm
Dan did you get the updated RE Mail from Kristi at TB ?

Tommy Bartlett Alumni,

Although you received notice that the 55th reunion was cancelled, we realize that a number of you were still planning to visit the area.

Please read the attached notice regarding next weekend.

If you are planning to attend, please e-mail me back with the number of people as we are trying to get some sort of a count. Several local businesses will be assisting us in putting on this event.

Thanks,

TBI Year-Round Staff

This notice is from the current year-round employees of Tommy Bartlett, Inc.
We understand that a large number of you are planning to return next weekend in spite of the fact that the official reunion has been cancelled.
In honor of Tom and Margaret Diehl, and the catastrophe that has forever changed our lives, we are offering to you, the alumni, a warm welcome with a much revised schedule of events.
The memorabilia room will be open Friday for registration starting at 1:00 and will follow the original schedule.
The “gathering tent” will be set up for a place to meet, socialize and share stories of the past and present.
We are still able to provide you with discounted tickets to area attractions and hope you take advantage of this offer.
We will also give you a list of the area restaurants that are offering TBI alumni discounts off their menu items.
The Tommy Bartlett Show reopened Friday and is running performances daily at 4:30 & 8:30. It is now a 90-minute spectacular stage show. There will be a section reserved for all alumni and their families at the evening show on Saturday.
After Saturday’s 8:30 show the Ravina Bar & Grill is hosting a get-together for all TBI alumni; and now, in the wake of disaster, to also thank Tom & Margaret for their unselfish love and kindness.
Food & beverages will be on hand throughout the weekend.
Please let us know if you are still planning to attend.

If you are coming into the Area this week LMK and we can get together.

Terry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 11:27am
Terry
Yes, I did get the info. We are still planning to go to the Dells this weekend and see whoever is there. It's always great to see old friends. I'm thinking about taking the boat and going on the upper dells for a ride. Have you ben on that stretch of the river? Should be pretty scenic. We did respond and am looking forward to the weekend. This, and the Greenlake weekend is what we were looking forward to all year.
Later
Dan
Is it Summer yet??
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 11:39am
The upper Dells is gorgeous boating. We did it last year and will be there at the end of July.

I called the place where we stay last weekend. The river is open with no boating restrictions.

-Steve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 11:47am
Anything i should be aware of as far as obstacles? i was thinking about putting in on River Road, just down from Nig's bar. That sound right?
Dan
Is it Summer yet??
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 11:58am
We launched at the campgrounds - Holiday Shores - which is way up stream where the river opens up into a lake. So I can't really offer any suggestions for launching anywhere else.

As far as boating the river, there wasn't any surprises. Plenty of depth everywhere we went, but we didn't stray too far off the beaten path. I saw a log or two floating, but we had a ton of rain that weekend. Hopefully, any floaties will be out of your way by the weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic