NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Minor repairs...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minor repairs...
    Posted: June-19-2008 at 7:51am
As boating season over here is really setting in and I got quite a few hours on the lake by now, the little bugs here and there on the boat are also showing up...

So far:
- systems alarm failing
- deadman's button failing
- LPG tank freezing up due to bad valve
- clogged pitots and pulsation dampners
- leaking shaft seal
- failing starter relay

And yesterday, just before training of our show team, battery started to fail... Had to take out the battery of the car to get the boat going...

I'm starting to think that owning your own boat is like owning your own house... it's never finished

I bought a second toolbox this weekend, so I always have tools on the boat to fix these bugs as they show up...

Any of yous guys out there that can relate perhaps...?
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2008 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Any of yous guys out there that can relate perhaps...?

I think ALL boaters can relate to it!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2008 at 9:41am
kristof,
it took four weekends to finally get our boat in the water. I think you get some enjoyment working on them, but after a while you just want to put the freakin thing in the water and go!

Hang in there, as you already know, it is well worth it.

shawn
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2008 at 10:15am
Originally posted by shawnmc shawnmc wrote:

Hang in there, as you already know, it is well worth it.

It sure is Shawn!!
The only problem is, these things always happen at a very bad time LOL

BTW, that Monster Tower looks sweet on your boat!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2008 at 10:19am
Kristof, I'm surprised you didn't notice those things when you had it hanging 30' in the air?!!?   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2008 at 10:28am
now you know why i borrow everyones boat
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2008 at 11:39am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Kristof, I'm surprised you didn't notice those things when you had it hanging 30' in the air?!!?   

Back then, I did the doctor thing on it, by tapping my fingers all over the hull and listening through a stethoscope... Everything sounded quite normal LOL

shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2008 at 11:49am
Doctor Kristof,

Don't forget the turn and cough....and unfortunately the rectal exam!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2008 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by shawnmc shawnmc wrote:

Doctor Kristof,

Don't forget the turn and cough....and unfortunately the rectal exam!

Oops...! I knew I had forgotten something...
That must be the reason why there's only one real Boat Dr here

Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2008 at 1:53pm
I'm going to ignore any "minor" issues on mine ewhen I finally get it in the water and just use it.

Just had a look at your diary entry Krostof - is that the original screen on your boat, I thought the 88's had the split screen?
Easily Parted From Money
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2008 at 11:26am
Tom,
The 88's do indeed have a split screen. But mine is an '89... And the screen is original.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2008 at 11:29am
Oh, a nice qoute from a fellow boat owner at our lake:
"You should have at least a little repair every week, otherwise where is the fun in owning a boat...?"
He does have a point...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 7:57am
Updates last week:
New steering wheel, new distributor cap, plug wires and rotor...

Oh and of course, a LOT of updates after my disaster this sunday morning (see "Disaster strikes" thread in the general discussion forum)...

82ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 10:11pm
kristof i DEF hear where ur coming from. the first 10 times out this summer have been easy and smooth...then i started to have carb problems and had to rebuild that....then had to do a thourough cleaning of the speedo pickups as they stopped working....and have to pull my combing pads off and restaple the vinyl back on where its coming off.....

i love my CC tho, i think i could work on it forever and still be happy
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2008 at 10:18am
Update on my disaster from last sunday...

CC-dealer tested the shaft for straightness: not bent! So that's good news. He will check the tranny and also engine alignment.
As he also has ACME props on stock.
If all goes well, she'll be back next week with a brand new 470 on!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic