Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Throttle Cable???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
slobolg2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slobolg2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throttle Cable???
    Posted: June-22-2008 at 2:03pm
I have 96 Ski Nautique with a GT40 Engine and over this weekend it is became harder to put into drive. It feels like the shifter is binding. Is a new cable in order or do you think its something else? If it is the cable where does it indicate the length? In the past I've had minor problems finding neutral on start up. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2008 at 4:47pm
It could very well be one of the cables. Any bind or bend will make them much harder to move. Pulling the neutral button out should allow you to isolate which cable is the culprit (assuming its not both).

If you cant figure out whats causing the rough movement, consider replacing them. Theyre only $42 each for the Teleflex extremes from Go2Marine. All direct drive CC's (at least back through '71) use 17' cables.
slobolg2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slobolg2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2008 at 5:38pm
Today I put the cable in and it seems to work great. Thank you for your advice.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic