NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fried My Alternator

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
78nautique78 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78nautique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fried My Alternator
    Posted: July-28-2008 at 10:33pm
Hello. I installed a stereo system in my '78. I'm running two amps."soumds great".The problem is together they pull an estimated 110 amps and the alternator is rated at 40 amps. Which is now fried. I'm running two batteries on a perko switch. I knew this was coming but didn't realize so soon. The boat has a 351 commander engine, so I called skidim and a place called quick start. they don't have a high output alternator for this engine unless I use an ac delco with an adapter. These alternators are one wire with a built in regulator, I'm running an external regulator and I remember reading about this on this site but i'm having no luck finding it. So I was hoping you guys could help me out. Thanks. Mike
82ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 2:50am
haha i did the same thing, put subs and speakers and amps and lights and everything on my 82 2001 i fried it and bought a new ugraded one, that thing works like a charm. have fun

i went to pasco with my old one, and they matched it up with the marine replacement for it. and it works great.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic