Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removing V-Drive Trans

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing V-Drive Trans
    Posted: August-03-2008 at 8:00pm
I have a 97 Super Sport and need to remove the trans. I need to remove the V-DRive unit first. I have removed the 4 mounting bolts and the 6 bolts that attach the v-drive unit to the trans. This is my question, it looks like i need to loosen the set screw and the 2 bolts that appears to be keeping the prop shaft attached to the v-drive unit. Is this the case? If so, is that all? Thank you all
1997 Super Sport Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 10:06am
are you talking about the split type coupling that slides over the shaft?
dcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 10:58am
Yes
1997 Super Sport Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 11:39am
it does unbolt from the coupling, it uses 6 or bolts instead of the normal 4, alignment is more than critical on the v-drive boats, theyt are shrter shafts so spend the extra time to get it right
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic