Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nautique Ski Pylon

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Uncle_Rico_79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle_Rico_79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nautique Ski Pylon
    Posted: August-08-2008 at 1:52am
Hello this is my first post and it is to address the issue of bone heads cutting off the eye on the Ski Pylons. I recently purchased a 79 Ski Nautique that this had been done too. After much deliberation i came up with a 8 dollar fix to the problem. If you drill out the center core which is brass and head over to Wal-mart and pickup a 2 inch trailer hitch ball and some epoxy you are set. You will have to cut about a half inch off the shaft of the ball but the thing looks factory once it is done. even to collar id the same size.   I will post some pics once i get some time but i thought i would throw the info out there in case anyone was in the same predicament.

Well that is all for now!!!!
I can throw a football over those mountains!!!

I have the ONLY!!! SN with a CHRYSLER 318 CRATE MOTOR IN IT I HAVE EVER SEEN
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2008 at 3:09am
Sounds pretty innovative. I'll look forward to pictures.

If coach only would have put you in...you could have won state!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2008 at 4:12am
Welcome to CCFan, would love to see some pictures of your boat, and particularly that Chrysler engine!

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
kevin719 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin719 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2008 at 6:12am
Is it better to replace the old "eye" with the newer style? What are the benefits? Where do you purchase? The trailer ball is a good idea if someone has already destroyed the pole!
kevinindy
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2008 at 6:43am
Originally posted by kevin719 kevin719 wrote:

Is it better to replace the old "eye" with the newer style? What are the benefits? Where do you purchase? The trailer ball is a good idea if someone has already destroyed the pole!

I believe MWCC sells an aluminum "ball top" conversion for ~$125. Definitely a good option if the ring and finger have been destroyed, and one advantage I can think of is the ability to use a slip-over extended pylon. Theres nothing quite as cool as the original ring and finger though!

Nothing wrong with a $15 fix, but I wonder how well that trailer ball will hold up to the elements. Im sure having the chrome beat up by the coupler is a major factor, but the trailer ball on my truck is a rusty mess after being installed for a year.
kevin719 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin719 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2008 at 6:16pm
I agree the ring and finger is cool! I guess that I am lucky that mine is in perfect shape.I was thinking of getting a tower in a year or so, but I will keep the pylon!(Its nostalgic)
kevinindy
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 12:10am
I can see why folks have resorted to cuting the old ring and finger off, but I can't get over why someone would actually do that.

I pulled my ring and finger out so I can use my Fly High wakeboard pole.

It was a real PITA, but it DID come out.

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic