Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

prop ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
grumpidad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prop ?
    Posted: August-25-2008 at 3:01am
First off I love the website lots of great info. I purchased a 88SN2001 about a year ago I got a good deal so I new going in I would have some work ahead of me. Bigest problem was the wheel ran off going down the road the owner told me he replaced wheel&tire good to go right.Well I test drove the boat motor ran great but had bad vibration upon a closer look when tire ran off and trailer hit pavement trailer bent up far enough to damage prop. So here is the question it came with FED 13x13RH I been around several ski boat and mine feels slugish out of hole. I'am now being told that I have wrong prop should have gone back with acme 540 any input would be very helpful the motor is all stock 240HP with 709hrs on it. Some people are also saying there no diff. between the two props boat runs out 42-44@ 43-4400 rpms Thanks for any help!
grumpy88
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 7:51am
Lee,
If you have the funds for a prop, I'd get the 540. Send the Federal to the prop shop and keep it as a spair just incase the wheel falls off the other side of the trailer!!
Glad you enjoy the site. Welcome.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 10:37am
grumpidad,
welcome to the site. I changed my prop on my 86 2001 at the beginning of the season from the stock federal to an acme 540. It has made all of the difference in the world. I would highly recommend it. Of all of the upgrades I have done (none to the engine as of yet) it was the best 300 i have spent.

Here is a review keith did on the Acme 540

Acme 540 test

Shawn
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 11:49am
Grumpidad,
The 540 is the cheapest most significant performance improvement you can make on that boat without having to turn a single wrench on the motor.

Your old federal was doing it's job at those performance numbers so nothing wrong with it but the 540 really wakes up the old ski boat.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
grumpidad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 3:24pm
Thanks for the input I'll get one coming and post my results. I am planning here in the very near future for head,cam,intake swap will the 540 still work well with these upgades again thanks for any input.
grumpy88
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 3:28pm
depends how much extra power you add, might have to add a little pitch or some cup to bring the R's back down it'll be close and it depends how you or anyone else runs it too but you should be ok maybe some fine tuning is all.
grumpidad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 4:19pm
Thanks for all the input I'll try the prop first that may make me happy for little while but you know how it is can't never get enough!
grumpy88
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 6:05pm
Where did you find the 540 for $300? Ive been doing some searching and can't find anything close to that.
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 6:25pm
75 stang.

Eric Lavine offered that opportunity. I am not sure if he still is doing that or not. He will probably chime in.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic