Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

water in fuel

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: water in fuel
    Posted: August-31-2008 at 12:52am
well today my boat started acting up again with it's fuel system carb flooding again so i think time for a rebuilt. the thing that bother me is that the last rebuilt was 4/5 months ago the boat get used once or twice a week. Do you guys think it's time for rebuilt or just clean it?

does anybody uses fuel stabalizer? does it helps with water in tank?

i already have a watrer/separator change every 3 month and empty after 4 uses. my dad sugested putting another water separator. will 2 separator help or will i have same results?

i know it's water in fuel since I opened the bowl to clean it and there was water in it and it has lots of smal debree in it i think a fuel filter is also in order?
any other sugestions??

thanks in advance for any help.
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 5:27am
Sounds like you need to find out what's causing so much water in your fuel tank. Where are you buying your gas? You shouldn't need to install two water separating fuel filters. Where does your boat get stored? Is it very humid there? When not in use, is your fuel tank near empty?
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
74SkiNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74SkiNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 2:00pm
The only time I use a fuel stabilizer is in the Winter. In the summer, we use it so much there is no need. You should never have water in the fuel unless your cap is left off!
74SkiNautique
74SkiNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74SkiNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 2:03pm
Also, when I store my boat, I ALWAYS fill the tank full! This way, no condensation will form in the tank!
74SkiNautique
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 2:59pm
yes it's almost empty we think it happens via condanation the boat is parked sometime infront of my house or in my grandmothers yard. The yard has a few three to cover the boat a bit and i have a boat cover.
it hot hear 29 to 30 degree every day and 26 to 28 degree celcuis every night.

with the prices here i have to gettin more tips at work for full tank. about 300fl that's 171$
we fuel at valero
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 11:40pm
well an update. after i clean up both bowl of the carb it kind of stop leaking what filter should i put one i really want a fuel filter since i get allot of small debree trough the carb. we ran it today ran pretty good.
now i have baterie issue.
bill1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2008 at 2:03am
i, too, am curious how the water is getting there into the tank. grandma doesn't have any water sprinklers running around the back of the boat getting into the tank via the vent, does she?
bill
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2008 at 2:30am
no sprinklers.. i once had a theory but i don't think it's a good one maybe one of you can tell me if i.m wrong or not. we have fiberglass platform and it pushes lots of water when reversing and most of the water end up splashing on the transom compared to a teak platform?. so i tought once maybe the water that we push while reversing finds a way true the vent??? my brother and father say it ain't posible since the vent's opening is pointing down. so you guys tell me if i'm wrong or correct.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2008 at 11:34am
The water could be coming in the gas you are buying. They could have condensation problems too, or just be crooks.

We have had 3 separate gas station busts this last year - one guy was heating the fuel lines so it would expand & fool the pump meter!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic