NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stringers Cost?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 11:55pm
Bob, my 78's sides were carpeted. I recarpeted mine just like they were originally. Wait, you say yours is 41yrs old? That is 11 years older than mine. I have no clue what they did back then.

I tore all the foam out and used resined plywood for the entire floor. Yes it weighs more, but it is one solid boat, and makes a nicer wake for boarding due to the extra weight.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2008 at 8:05am
Originally posted by bobzilla bobzilla wrote:

One thing I would like to find out, are the sides carpeted originally or left bare and painted

Do you know the year? I may have missed it but don't remember seeing one. Carpeting didn't start until the 70's style hulls came out and that's the era of the colored "astro-turf". The first couple years of the Nautique (61-62) the hull sides I feel were painted as well as the ply floor. From looking at your hull, I have to say it's between a 63 and 69 (I think it was 70 when the Nautique went with the smooth bow deck). So, those years (63-69) would have had the vinyl (comercial wall covering) on the ply floors. The same vinyl on a hardboard panel covering the hull sides. A separate vinyl covered base about the size of a 1x3 trimed the junction between the hull side panel and the flooring.

Here's the Nautique in 68:

Reid may be able to fill in some more of the trim detail from one of his Nautiques.

Bob, Have you looked at any of the epoxy resin systems yet? Most here have gone with US Composites but another choice would be Mas. They have a web site with plenty of user friendly instructions on resin types, mixing in different fillers, etc. West I feel has just gotten too expensive!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2008 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by bobzilla bobzilla wrote:

I have no doubt with the help of y'all on this site I will get this old girl pulling skiers like God and Correct craft intended.

I'm not overly religous but this deserves an AMEN.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2008 at 12:17pm
Pete is correct, 60's boats mostly used side panels. Some of the pictures in the reference section show the low end boats with painted sides, but I've never seen one. Carpet didn't start until the 70's.

Those 60's Nautiques are beautiful boats.

I will keep exploring my stringers along with my wishful thinking, but it will be repaired correctly. I appreciate the input.
bobzilla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2008 at 8:23pm
Pete, Mines a '67. Man we need to crown you the king of old Correct Craft restoration info, you can rattle that info off like I am with Corvettes. Mine appears to have had painted insides. That '68 looks like it had panels with vinyl. Was the floor covering like linoleum? I would think that would be slippery when wet LOL.I was thinking of running carpet up the sides and using the newer carpeting, I like the way Gregs BFN looks. I have a light blue/turquoise top deck and would like to find a similar colored carpet but I haven't had any success finding that color carpet
Riley, If I can help let me know, I am a newbie but I'm fixin to loose my innocence. I think I have swung a deal for my douglas fir, now I just need a pail of CPES. Pete, I will check out there web site and do a search on them.I am getting ready to start purchasing.I have my battery charging for my compression checks. I am going to get the old points file out and dress the points up and set them, make sure I have spark, and clean the plugs up and see if she'll fire up to check oil pressure.Then put the carb together, i haven't pulled the throttle shafts out but they seem a little loose, I will rebush them to try to salvage the original carb.I believe my buddies at Autozone got me the right kit for the rebuild, we buy alot of parts from our local autozone and they are very helpful(if you get the right guy behind the counter).They had to dig through carb kit numbers to come up with the right kit, but I think it will work. Where can I get some bushings for the throttle shafts, I saw a web site that had a kit but it was expensive and had wnough to do six carbs, I only need enough to do to shafts, not 12.Hopefully I will be reporting my engine condition soon. I have not looked at the velvet drive yet, but from what I have seen it looks like a forklift "reverser" I have rebuilt my share of automatic transmissions, I imagine it will require the manufacture of some special tools to rebuild it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic