Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Python 502 Manual

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skiguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Python 502 Manual
    Posted: November-23-2008 at 3:38pm
Does anyone have a lead on finding an engine manual for a 1999 502 Python. Thanks in advance.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2008 at 12:07am
I am pretty certain you will not find one. There are a couple footnotes in the manual for whatever model you will have.
What are you looking for specifically? I can make copies of what there is , if you like.
They were not popular enough to justify a whole different manual.

Python Power!
Mike N

1968 Mustang

skiguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2008 at 10:47am
I appreciate your response. I am not a mecahnic but can do basic things like oil changes and minor repairs. Right now I seem to have a bit of dripping coming from one of the big circulating hoses on the front of the engine..the big fat one that goes into the impeller. Basically I need to find out the part Name and # so I can hopefully order a new one. Thanks Again.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2008 at 11:06am
sg,
On a 99, the rubber hose should still be good. Have you tried removing the hose, cleaning up the connection areas and putting it back on? Also. when tightening hose clamps, use a hex driver or a socket. (I believe it's a 5/16") You will get even and more torque to tighten them than using a screw driver.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skiguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2008 at 11:13am
That's good advice especially coming from the G.P. on cleaning and retightening. It is a small drip and the hose looks good. In fact I can't find out exactly where it is coming from as there is no visible damage to the pipe.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2008 at 11:13am
Go through all your hose clamps with a nutdriver. Most of mine were loose a couple years ago when I first bought the boat.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic