NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

universal pitots???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: universal pitots???
    Posted: November-25-2008 at 2:05pm
I have my pitots in bad shape, both conectors are kind of broken and had to glass them in order to conect to hose. As here I can't get original style pitots, my question is will an universal style pitot work fine with the speedos or some tune up will be needed? Apart from compatibility issues using universal type will require to drill new holes to properly mount it in place. Has anyone gone through this issue? Actually I have one speedo working. I will start with some of the recomendation I saw on other post in order to check for failures.    
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2008 at 5:21pm
Use this link to see the pitot offered by SKIDIM. It includes instructions on what drilling is involved in the installation.

Pitot

This pitot will work, even though it is not the origional style.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
Rglover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 11:54am
I installed a universal pitot from West Marine (I think it was a Quiksilver) and it works fine. I did have to drill new holes and seal the others but that wasn't to big a deal.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2008 at 5:56pm
i intalled the new pitots, they are Faria. But instead of drilling new holes to the hull i drilled the pitot base to fit the existing hull holes. Then added some sealant to the base and put the scews back. The tubing was ok as I blew some compressed air (in the can used to clean computers) through them and the speedos moved very quickly. Will reposrt how are the readings after this change....
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2008 at 10:14pm
here are the pics of the new set up

and this is how the old one looked like

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic